Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Little Cabin In The Woods:

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


A couple of weeks ago, my Mom painted her cabin, with the help of my Little Bro and John.  It turned out so cute!  Ten years ago, my son and I moved to Mayberry and lived in this sweet home for around 18 months.  Here is a before picture, and a links to prior posts about the cabin:




When I posted these pictures, it reminded me of the kids fingerplay song, Little Cabin in the Woods ... here is a cute You Tube video on that:



Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

I took the photo above last week at The Rustic Skillet  (please "CLICK HERE " to read all about that cool little restaurant.)

This is a Shadow Shot Sunday post.  To see beautiful shadow shots from around the world, please visit Tracy over at Hey Harriet by "CLICKING HERE".



At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

12 comments:

Ms. Becky said...

I LOVE this little cabin. and that you lived there and made memories make it very special. your mother selected some wonderful, fun colors! happy day to you Kathy. take good care now.

Kay L. Davies said...

Oh, it's so cute with the bright white paint! I can imagine living in a little cabin like that. Wonderful photos for Shadow Shot Sunday, Kathy.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Wow! The little cabin has undergone an amazing transformation!


BITS OF SHADOW

Bits of shadow and blasts of light,
Morning and evening, noon and night;

Days of darkness, gloomy and drear;
Sometimes bright ones, bringing good cheer;

Spring or winter, summer or fall,
Light or shadow—embrace them all!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Morning Shadow Magic here

Arkansas Patti said...

I could live there easily. It's adorable. Most of us have entirely too much house,especially when it comes time to clean it. I downsized to not much bigger of a home.

Sally Wessely said...

That little cabin is adorable. I love it!

KathyB. said...

The little cabin looks so cozy & inviting. I took a better and longer look at your slide-show under the header and realized how very much your area looks like ours.But then, I am originally from Oregon and love and appreciate all it has to offer, as much and as similar as Washington. Don't we live in one of the most awesome places in the U.S.?

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Very good and nice photos.

Regards and best wishes

Chubskulit Rose said...

One of my husband's dream is to own a log cabin in the future hehehe. You're mom's cabin is so cute! Have a blessed Sunday Kathy!

Little Nell said...

I am amazed at how much you were able to pack into a relatively small space It’s like an oversized play house!
As it’s so white why don’t you link this to written.inc

Bob, KarenS, Alan and I (from Sepia Saturday) have all played this week, and Carmi likes us to invite our friends. Your cabin ‘after’ pictures would be ideal.

liberal sprinkles said...

I love this cabin, would love to live in it, although it probably wouldnt fit all the stuff I lug around!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thanks, everybody ... we loved living there. It was so peaceful. I know, I did pack a lot into it. We moved from a 4 bedroom with a family room to a little one bedroom to the cabin. And now look at all the stuff I have 10 years later ... I fill up space, that is for sure.

If I haven't already, I'm off to pay you a visit.

Kathy M.

Gloria said...

Love that little cabin! I think that was one of the first posts that I read of yours, Kathy... I remember reading the post and looking at the photos you shared! Time sure flies, doesn't it?
Best,
Gloria

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":