Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Telling It How It Is Tuesdays:

Blogger Karen Walker over at  Following the Whispers
has a weekly post that she calls "Telling the Truth Tuesdays".  I really like that idea, and I don't have a regular thing planned for Tuesdays on my blog, so I decided to do something similar.  I'm going to call mine "Telling It How It Is Tuesdays".  

One thing that I have noticed around here lately, is that I haven't been really writing very much or telling you very much about me.  Some of my oldest friends have told me that they enjoy those posts the most.  Pictures are so easy for me to take and post, but writing takes much more effort.  Kathy Johnson at Catching Happiness and Arkansas Patti from The New Sixty have also been inspiring me with their stories and thoughts and ideas.  So, let's give this a try.  I'll make this first one a short interview of my basics, since I need to go to work in a few minutes.


Q.:  "What kind of work do you do?"

A.:  "Currently, I work part-time in the office at our company.  Cary gave me the title of General Manager, which I guess I am.  We have a sand and gravel pit, concrete redi-mix, septic tanks and supplies and dump and mixer trucks.  I have been working there for six years now, since a year after we were married."



Q.:  "Have you always done office work?" 

A.:  "Not always.  I seem to go back and forth between office work, Early Childhood Education, housekeeping, crafting and now blogging.  I have had my own childcare businesses, housecleaning business and craft business.  I have still to make money on the craft business, but that is coming up next."


Q.:  "How many children do you have?"   

A.:  "I have three grown children, three step-children and ten grandchildren.  We also have two dogs, Sonny and Dana."



Q.:  "How many times have you been married?"  

A.:  "This is my third marriage.  I was married young, and had my girls.  Later, I married again and had my son, and help raised three step-sons.  That was a very hard marriage for me, but I learned a lot. Single for five years following that, I met Cary and we have been married  for 7 years now, together 8."



Q.:  "Tell us about your educational background."  

A.:  "I have a B.S. in Early Childhood Education, that I finally was able to complete after my second divorce.  After I graduated (the weekend before I married Cary), I worked at Head Start for a year.  I loved going to school, and will probably be on school schedule forever ... fall is the season of new beginnings for me."


Q.:   Any advice or words of encouragement for your readers? 

A.:  Things can change at anytime.  I have not always been married to Cary, traveling around and taking pictures and being so happy.  I have worked very hard, and have invested in myself.  I feel very blessed right now, and as if the years of hard times are now being rewarded somehow.

Follow your heart and your dreams, and don't let anybody squash you down.  Abusers, verbal or otherwise, including control freaks, do not belong in my life, and really, not in yours either.

I have made tons of mistakes in my life, but things have still turned out good in the end.  I wish the very best for each and every one of you.  Don't give up hope.  Pray for the truth to be revealed for all to see; that is one very powerful prayer that works, though it isn't for the faint of heart. 


Q.:  "What are some of your favorite Bible verses?"

Answer:  These are some of my favorites, especially the first two.

Isaiah 58: 7-11    


"I want you to share your food with the hungry and bring right into your own homes those who are helpless, poor and destitute.  Clothe those who are cold, and don't hide from the relatives who need your help.  

If you do these things, God will shield his own glorious light upon you.  He will heal you; your godliness will lead you forward, goodness will be a shield before you, and the glory of the Lord will protect you from behind. Then, when you call, the Lord will answer, "Yes, I am here." he will quickly reply.  All you need to do is to stop oppressing the weak and stop making false accusations and spreading vicious rumors!


"Feed the hungry!  Help those in trouble! Then your light will shine out from the darkness around you shall be as bright as day. And the Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy you with all good things, and keep you healthy too; and you will be like a well-watered garden, like and ever-flowing spring. Your sons will rebuild the long-deserted ruins of your cities, and you will be known as "The People Who Rebuild Their Walls and Cities."
 
Psalm 40: 1-4 

"I waited patiently for God to help me:  then he listened and heard my cry.  He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out from the bog and the mire, and set my feet on a hard, firm path; and steadied me as I walked along.  He has given me a new song to sing, of praises to our God.  Now many will hear of the glorious things he did for me, and stand in awe before the Lord, and put their trust in him.  Many blessings are given to those who trust the Lord and have no confidence in those who are proud or trust in idols."


And then, some others:

1 John 4:16-17

"God is love, and anyone who lives in love is living with God and God is living in him. And as we live with Christ, our love grows more perfect and complete; so we will not be ashamed and embarrassed at the day of judgment, but can face him with confidence and joy because he loves us and we love him too." TLB
 

James 2 3:17-18

"But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure and full of quiet gentleness. Then it is peace-loving and courteous. It allows discussion and is willing to yield to others; it is full of mercy and good deeds. It is wholehearted and straightforward and sincere. And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of goodness." TLB


Colossians 3: 13-15


"Since you have been chosen by God who has given you this brand new life, and because of his deep love and concern for you, you should practice tenderhearted mercy and kindness to others. Don't worry about making a good impression on them, but be ready to suffer quietly and patiently. Be gentle and ready to forgive; never hold grudges. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.

Most of all, let love guide your life, for then the whole church will stay together in perfect harmony. Let the peace of heart that comes from Christ be always present in your heart and lives, for this is your responsibility and privilege as members of his body. And always be thankful." TLB
 

Philippians 4: 4-9

"Always be full of joy in the Lord; I say it again, rejoice! Let everyone see that you are unselfish and considerate in all you do. Remember that the Lord is coming soon. Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank him for his answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus.

And now, brothers, as I close this letter, let me say this one more thing:

Fix your thoughts on what is true and good and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely, and dwell on the fine, good things in others. Think about all you can praise God for and be glad about.

Keep putting into practice all you learned from me and saw me doing, and the God of peace will be with you." TLB 

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

"Love is very patient and kind, never jealous or envious, never boastful or proud, never haughty or selfish or rude. Love does not demand its own way. It is not irritable or touchy. It does not hold grudges and will hardly even notice when others do it wrong. It is never glad about injustice, but rejo
ices whenever truth wins out. If you love someone, you will be loyal to him now matter what the cost. You will always believe in him, always expect the best of him, and always stand your ground in defending him." TLB

1 Corinthians 13:13

"There are three things that remain -- faith, hope and love --and the greatest of these is love."
TLB


Ephesians 3:17-19

"And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts, living within you as you trust in him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love; and may you be able to feel and
understand, as all God's children should, how long, how wide, how deep, and how high his love really is; and to experience this love for yourselves, though it is so great that you will never see the end of it or fully know or understand it. And so at last you will be filled up with God himself." TLB

Hmm.  I had no idea that this post was going to turn out like this.  Well, have a great day, my friends.

God bless,

Kathy M.



At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

8 comments:

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I agree 100% with your positive attitude- after all- life is just too short to waste a second of it on the negative! You mentioned one of my all-time favorite verses- 1 Cor 13:13

Maude Lynn said...

After spending a hundred years as a student and then a teacher, I think I'll probably be living on a school schedule for the rest of my life!

Arkansas Patti said...

Thanks so much for the shout out Kathy. Glad I don't bore you.
You know I enjoy personal stuff so this was for me a really good post.
Your verses are perfect. Too bad mankind can't at least try to live by them.

Donnie said...

Such a sweet post about a very sweet lady.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you, ladies!

Unknown said...

Your advice is really moving. I admire what you have done in your life. Thanks for sharing. :)

KathyB. said...

I love posts like this one. I know a bit more about you and love you even more! Early childhood education, that is what I went to college for. I taught pre-school for awhile, then had my own children. My own little private preschool at home ~

You are so positive and encouraging, thank-you Kathy.

Gloria said...

Great, inspiring post, Kathy! And I enjoyed learning some new things about you! :)
Best,
Gloria

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":