Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Plush, Oregon and Mining for Sunstones:

Yesterday, Cary and I met a nice guy named Mike Hill.  Mike and his wife Sheryle own Sunstone mines near Plush, Oregon and are part of a group called Dust Devil III, Oregon Sunstone.  They travel to shows in the southwest to sell their jewlery and gems.  

Prior to meeting Mike, I had never even heard of Sunstones or Plush, Oregon.  Mike said that there are also ancient Indian grounds there, with caves and places where the Indians wrote their birth records on the rock walls.  I have posted links to information about this area in Lake County, Oregon, which Cary and I are excited about exploring this summer.


Plush, Oregon


Links to Plush, Oregon and surrounding attractions:



A picture of what is lying on 
the ground in the Plush area.



Red arrows point out the Sunstones.



 Sunstones from Dust Devil III's mines.



Cut and polished Sunstone (feldspar)

Links regarding Oregon Sunstones and Mining:

2 comments:

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Alena, thank you very much for the nice compliment. I really appreciate it!

Kathy

Talking Earth said...

Nice blog; thanks for the link to my site oregonrockart.com .Russel

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":