Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Book Review: Rose Madder


I just finished Rose Madder by Stephen King.  It is about domestic violence, madness, alternate worlds, bravery, helping others and love.  It is 420 pages long, and they used a smaller font.  It took me awhile to finish it up.  There is a lot of gore in this book, but that didn't surprise me due to the fact that Stephen King wrote it.

I realized while reading it the one thing that makes Stephen King such an excellent writer.  He does not cut corners as he tells his stories.  In this book, he told Rosie's side, and then went back and told Norman's side.  Near the end, it started to become difficult to read Norman's side because of the things that Norman was doing. 

Mr. King really did his research in this book; plus used that vivid imagination of his to create some very weird things.  He did insert a bit of humor, thank goodness.  If you like this kind of reading and are not afraid of gory scenes, I would recommend it.  It is pretty dark though, and I am glad to be done with it so I can read something more uplifting.


2 comments:

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Hi Kathy - I've not read that King novel, but I love his work. He really knows how to put words together, doesn't he? My favorite book by him is really a novella and not even a horror story: Shawshank Redemption. I loved the movie, too, which is a rarity. Usually books made into movies aren't very good, but Shawshank was excellent. I'll try Rose Madder since you recommend it and let you know what I think.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Lisa, it is dark ... I learned stuff I had never heard of, and it didn't happen in the alternate world. But, it is good. :>)

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":