Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Karaoke and Jimmy Buffett:


MARGARITAVILLE
Jimmy Buffett

Nibblin' on sponge cake,
watchin' the sun bake;
All of those tourists covered with oil.
Strummin' my six string on my front porch swing.
Smell those shrimp--
They're beginnin' to boil.

Wasted away again in Margaritaville,
Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt.
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame,
But I know it's nobody's fault.

Don't know the reason,
Stayed here all season
With nothing to show but this brand new tatoo.
But it's a real beauty,
A Mexican cutie, how it got here
I haven't a clue.

Wasted away again in Margaritaville,
Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt.
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame,
Now I think,-- hell it could be my fault.

I blew out my flip flop,
Stepped on a pop top;
Cut my heel, had to cruise on back home.
But there's booze in the blender,
And soon it will render
That frozen concoction that helps me hang on.

Wasted away again in Margaritaville
Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt.
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame,
But I know, it's my own damn fault.
Yes, and some people claim that there's a woman to blame,

And I know it's my own damn fault.


Did you guys know that I sometimes sing karaoke? I don't sing very well, but that is not the point. Nobody is paying to watch me, and I have to listen to people who are worse than me. And, of course, there are people who should have recording contracts that are up there singing, like my friend Teri. She sings a wonderful Blue Velvet. Let's just say on a scale of 1 to 10, I am probably a 3 1/2. However, it makes me feel brave and confident to get up there and belt one out. The best part is when my husband stands up an claps for me. He's so sweet. He loves me no matter what.

I have found the trick for singers like me: know your song by heart, and sing a song normally sung by a man. I sing a lot of Jimmy Buffett, and they usually only have a few selections to choose from; therefore I end up singing
Cheeseburger in Paradise and Volcano the most. No Pasty Cline for me. My favorite Jimmy Buffett song is A Pirate Looks at 40, and I am always happy when I get a chance to sing that..

I think next time I will branch out to John Melloncamp (Cherry Bomb), Rod Stewart (Maggie, and You're in My Heart, You're in Soul) and Bryan Adams (In the Summer of '69) next time.

Watch out you guys, I have given you fair warning!
Any requests?

No comments:

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":