Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

And, this is what happens when you forget to turn off your sprinkler:



Hello, Friends!

Sorry that I haven't been on here for a few days.  I have been so very busy with organizing my writing projects and with research, that I didn't even participate in Sepia Saturday this week.

So, I thought that I would pop in, say hello and show you these pretty pictures of how we almost broke our tree limbs on September 21.  The frozen limbs created a nice photo opportunity though.


This is how fall is in La Pine ... 75* during the day and 25* overnight.  We were watering the lawn and forgot to turn of the sprinkler that night.  Uh-oh!


The trees look like waterfalls of ice-cycles:


I considered it yard art that melts ...



Imagine the creaking limbs as the temperature warmed up:


Thankfully, no apparent damage was done. 


Have you ever seen such  fat grass?


Then I messed around wtih developing in black and white and sepia:




A month later, the leaves are gone and the weather people keep promising us a bit of snow.  Snow already?  So far we haven't gotten any, but it is cold out.

How is the weather in your neck of the woods?

I hope that you are all having a great weekend.

~ Kathy M.


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check


10 comments:

Tammy said...

Hope your plants and pipes and sprinkler are all okay, but what gorgeous sculptures it all created! Thanks for reminding me to unplug my hoses for winter.

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Thankfully you didn't loose any trees or shrubs, but I must say, I'd have been a picture-taking maniac if that happened in my yard. Of course, you seem to have done quite well on that score yourself! This was great. :-)

Grammy Goodwill said...

Those pictures look amazing. I'm glad nothing was damaged.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Gorgeous! You've created a wonderland!

Deb Gould said...

Fabulous shots, Kathy! I especially like the one that's half frozen and half normal...shows the reach of your sprinkler! Hey, everything is an opportunity for beauty...

Kathy A. Johnson said...

Oops! Glad there was no damage done, and you even got some gorgeous photos out of the deal!

We had a wonderful weekend, with cooler temps and low humidity. It's supposed to get hotter and more humid as the week goes on, but I'm grateful for the little fall tease we got. We even opened our house up and turned off the AC for a bit.

Little Nell said...

Wonderful pictures Kathy. Like Christmas decorations.

Bruno Laliberté said...

Most splendid pictures, but I would not recommend doing this again, for your garden's sake...
;D~

Ups and downs here, unseasonably warm some days, some mornings awfully cold already, but we take it all in stride. No snow yet and I'm [really] not eager to see any...
:)~
HUGZ

Lynn said...

These are some awesome pictures. Didn't realize it was getting that cold in your neck of the woods!

BECKY said...

I agree with Lisa RC..you've created a wonderland! You really should enter some of those in photo contests or calls for submissions! Have you ever looked into that??

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":