Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Lunch at the Pine Tavern in Bend, Oregon


My friend Keri and I have been besties since 8th grade.  Though she lives in Sisters and I live in La Pine and we are FB friends, we haven't seen each other in person for five years.  How can that be possible?

So, we made plans to meet for lunch in Bend yesterday.  We chose to go to a wonderful "must see" spot, The Pine Tavern.  Maybe it started out as a tavern 75 years ago, but it is a full-fledged and beautiful restaurant now.




As I was waiting for Keri to arrive (I got there early), I wandered around and took some pictures.  The next few are on the patio overlooking Mirror Pond.  There are tables and chairs out here when the weather is warmer.





Back inside, there are tables and booths.  What is that ... a tree?


There are two huge pine trees growing through the ceiling in the main dining room!  I presume that is how this place got it's name in the first place.



Here is a row of large booths.  There is also a separate bar in the front as you walk in.  The place is very big:


Here is our booth.  We sat there for three hours!  (And then spent another hour in the lobby saying goodbye.)  I was so surprised at how fast time flew by.  I even got a parking ticket for staying so long.  We had so much to catch up on:



Here is the lunch menu.  I was a little disappointed that I couldn't get a hamburger.  I ended up with fish and chips (they were fine) and Keri had fish tacos (they looked a bit bare).  Everything tasted good, and the service was wonderful.  The hostess and the waitress were happy that we were having such a great time:


On our way out, the nice hostess took our picture:


Keri will always be one of my best friends, and we promised to get together again soon.  I want to go over to her ranch and take pictures of their horses soon.

It was a wonderful afternoon.

Here is a link to The Pine Tavern's website.  I kept it on the history page, and you can find out more by "Clicking Here".
  
~ Kathy M.


P.S. - I'm going to plug Keri and Ted's motel in Gold Beach, Oregon while I am thinking of it.  If you are looking for a wonderful place to spend time on the Oregon Coast, please check out this website: "Inn of the Beachcomber".



At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

6 comments:

Unknown said...

How wonderful you got to spend time with your dearest friend. I miss my BFF. She lives all the way in Florida and we haven't seen each other in about 5 years as well.

Gorgeous photos! I'd love to visit the Pine one day.

Helen said...

You chose my favorite Bend restaurant! It is snow raining in Minneapolis today ....

Hart Johnson said...

Bend is so gorgeous! I think I've been to the Pine Tavern. I didn't remember the name, but I remember a restaurant with trees and it looks really familiar.

Glad you had a great lunch with your friend!

Deb Gould said...

There's something VERY special about long-time friends, isn't there? Especially when it feels like "yesterday" that you've been together -- you pick right up where you left off! So glad you had such a nice time!

BECKY said...

What a neat area! The outside was beautiful and the restaurant looks awesome, too. So glad you got together with your wonderful friend. Aren't girl friends the best??

Kathy A. Johnson said...

How fun! And a beautiful setting for the restaurant. I have a friend I get together with quite often, and we seem to always spend at least three hours together every time.

By the way, my very best friend's name is Kerri! More parallel lives...

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":