Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Contest Winners!


Thank you so much to everybody who entered the into the drawing ... all 19 of you!  I numbered your names from 1 - 19 and then used a random number generator to choose the winners.   

The winner of the Cozy Mysteries, Azalea Assault and Quilt or Innocence is ... Lisa Richard Claro from over at  Writing in the Buff.   Congratulations, Lisa, I know that you will love them!  I think that you could write some of your own too, you would be really good at that.  I'll mail the books out to you today.




And, the winner of the ice cream cone salt and pepper shakers is  Jamie, from Leigh's Lucky Life.  That is so funny, because Jamie even commented how cute the shakers were.  Jamie, if you can send me your address, I'll get your prize in the mail too!

I am reading Hart's book right now, and am loving it.  It reminds me of a big game of "Clue", with more characters and lots of fun action.  I'll read Elizabeth's next, and I can't wait!  Here is more info about both of them:

  
The Azalea Assault
Cam Harris loves her job as public relations manager for the Roanoke Garden Society. It allows her to combine her three loves, spinning the press, showing off her favorite town, and promoting her favorite activity. She's just achieved a huge coup by enlisting Garden Delights, the country's premiere gardening magazine, to feature the exquisite garden of RGS founder, Neil Patrick. She's even managed to enlist world-famous photographer Jean-Jacques Georges. Unfortunately, Jean-Jacques is a first-rate cad—insulting the RGS members and gardening, goosing every woman in the room, and drinking like a lush. It is hardly a surprise when he turns up dead. But when Cam's brother-in-law is accused and her sister begs her to solve the crime, that is when things really get prickly.

Alyse Carlson: Alyse Carlson is the pen name for Hart Johnson who writes books from her bathtub. By day she is an academic researcher at a large midwestern university. She lives with her husband, two teenage children and two fur balls. The dust bunnies don't count. This will be her first published book.

Links:
Amazon, Barnes and Noble . Indie Bound Confessions of a Watery Tart



Quilt or Innocence
Beatrice has a lot of gossip to catch up on—especially with the Patchwork Cottage quilt shop about to close. It seems that Judith, the landlord everyone loves to hate, wants to raise the rent, despite being a quilter herself… But when Judith is found dead, the harmless gossip becomes an intricate patchwork of mischievous motives. And it’s up to Beatrice’s expert eye to decipher the pattern and catch the killer, before her life gets sewn up for good.

Elizabeth Spann Craig: Elizabeth writes the Memphis Barbeque series for Penguin/Berkley (as Riley Adams), the Southern Quilting mysteries (2012) for Penguin/NAL, and the Myrtle Clover series for Midnight Ink. She blogs daily at Mystery Writing is Murder, which was named by Writer's Digest as one of the 101 Best Websites for Writers for 2010 and 2011.

As the mother of two, Elizabeth writes on the run as she juggles duties as Girl Scout leader, referees play dates, drives carpools, and is dragged along as a hostage/chaperone on field trips.

Links:
Amazon  Barnes and Noble  Indie Bound  Mystery Writing is Murder


Source:  Beauty by Jules.com

Thanks, everybody.  Now I'm off to celebrate my birthday!  It has been great so far.  Sure am getting lots of sweet birthday wishes on Facebook and on the phone! Gloria sent me a virtual card through email yesterday and Mom gave me a beautiful card full of money on Saturday.  Going out to dinner tonight!

I'm so happy, and lucky to have you all in my life.

Kathy M. 

Update:  
We had a great dinner last night.  Cary, Darlene (his mom), Larry (his brother), Karla (Larry's girlfriend) and our dear friends Sheryl and Tom and I went out for steaks.


Here are pictures of the food, especially for Gloria!  I had already started in on my steak before I remembered to take these pictures though:




Darlene had cake and ice cream ready at her house, but we were too full.  Gotta get over there soon and have some though!


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to you; happy birthday to you; happy birthday, dear Kathy; happy birthday to you!
In my family, the Birthday Person got to choose the dinner menu -- and when kids are young, it often gets pretty ridiculous! Have fun tonight...

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you so much, Deb! That sounds like a fun tradition ... it also helps to keep the memories alive. We are going to a nearby family style restaurant done the street. Lots of comfort food. A few of the local family and friends.

Hugs.

Kathy M.

Kathy A. Johnson said...

Happy birthday, Kathy! Hope you have an awesome celebration. Thanks for the intro to those books and the authors' websites. I will be visiting them.

Hart Johnson said...

Oh, congrats to Lisa and Jamie and Lise-I hope you enjoy the books!

Kathy, happy birthday to you and thank you SO MUCH for your little contest and sharing about these books! I really appreciate it!

#1Nana said...

Happy Birthday! Will there be cake?

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Happy birthday, my friend! (Sorry I'm a day late) And wow! Thanks for the books. I can't wait to read them. I hope your birthday rocked!

Gloria said...

Thank you for mentioning me in your post AND for taking the food pics for me! LOL! Man, that food looked good. Even that simple salad looked so delicious! I am so glad to hear that you had such a lovely birthday, you deserve it. And you'd better get over to Darlene's for your cake and ice cream... you'd better not insult your mother-in-law!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Best,
Gloria

Gloria said...

I'm leaving this p.s. because I left my previous comment with my other account! So I wanted to sign in properly. :)
gv

Unknown said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. It's so great to be back. I missed you and I want to thank you for the wonderful comments. They gave my spirit a real lift while I was gone.

Lynn said...

Kathy, I'm sorry I missed your birthday! Hope it was a good one. And congrats to the winners!

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":