Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurricane Sandy Prayer and Some Thoughts:


Oh, you guys.  We are so sorry for all that has happened to our friends on the East Coast because of that nasty, nasty storm:  Hurricane Sandy.

As the people are trying to assess the damage to their communities, I will be sending prayers until I learn what else I can do.  I have some ideas for later on, after things settle down a bit.  I know that Samaritain's Purse is asking for volunteers; the Red Cross, and other agencies can use our donations and help too.

When Katrina hit, I had the idea to make up kids blankets and kits for pre-schools and childcare centers to help them get back up and running.  Even if the kits are small, I figure that they would know that we are thinking of them.  Anybody want to help me with that one, or know if others are already doing this?

This storm is going to have effects that will last for months, which will spread far away from the East Coast.  It makes me want to go and buy a bunch of food before the prices rise even more.  Still, even for those people who were prepared for a disaster, how can you argue with a 32' wall of water, or your house catching fire in the middle of a huge flood?  Not to mention the raw sewage leaks and lack of electricity.  I guess that we can just do the best that we can, and help others with their needs.

Sending out hugs and love to all ... I don't know what else to say, except that I care.

~ Kathy M.


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check
  

 

2 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

You are so kind to think of others.

Lynn said...

You are sweet. I'm sure everyone will do what they can, when they can.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":