Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Workspace:


Welcome to my workspace.  Some of you have seen it before, but many have not.  I do know that I have added more to it since the last time that I posted about it.  It is a small bonus room off of our living room.

This is where I blog, where I research, Facebook, email and develop my pictures.  It is where Cary catches up with football news and his other computer stuff.

This is where I am going to write my books.


Known as the "Queen of Small Spaces", I fit as much as I can into each little nook and crannyHere is our desk:


Next to it is a work space for laying out stuff.  It isn't always this neat and tidy.  I spent all day Monday going through and organizing everything as I prepared for upcoming writing projects:


Here are my research books.  This cabinet was made in a shop class in Drain, Oregon and was given to my Great-Grandpa Ben Hedrick.  My Aunt Sondy gave it to me around 25 years ago:


This little display honors my Grandma Johnson, and many of the wooden spools of thread were hers.   I have some office supplies and card-making supplies on the bottom shelves.


The screen conceals a bunch of clutter, and the desk is Cary's.  He doesn't use it, but I put his stuff there:



The Letsom Letters are hidden behind the screen.  I still have so much organizing to do in this corner:


Here is Cary's desk again.  The chair was my Uncle John's.  My friend Patty made the M.E. quilt for us for a wedding gift:


Notice his Dad's hat, some of Cary's books and a lamp of my Grandma T.'s:


I like to surround myself with pretty things, and special words from friends:


My girls have been adding to my wind-chime collection, but some are too pretty to put outside:


There is another reason for showing you where I work.  I have big plans!  I say this every fall, but this year I am going to move forward with my writing.  I have so many books going through my brain right now.  Travel books, family stories, and some fiction creative writing too.  All I want to do right now is write, so that is what I am going to do.

To do that, I need to be organized, pulling things off of my blog and put them into notebooks so that I can see what I have.  I have been blogging for nearly 5 years now, and there is a lot of info gathered.

For instance, a while back, I printed off my Book Blurb Friday flash fiction stories.  They are all grouped into the notebook below, ready to expand on when I feel like it. 



How do you guys organize your work?

Thanks so much for stopping by to see me!

~ Kathy M.


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check


9 comments:

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

You've inspired me to clean up my space. I've got stuff everywhere right now! When I'm done with today's to-do list, I'm going to reorganize my office. :) I love your space. It looks warm and inviting, just like you.

Kathy A. Johnson said...

Kathy, you stole my Friday's post! I was (am) going to post pictures of my newly reclaimed office. I guess great minds think alike.

I wish you all the best in all your writing projects--and look forward to hearing about them as you progress. I'm planning a big year myself, though I have to admit it scares me more than a little to have no more excuses for not writing. I have my place and all my tools around me, just as you do. Now it's time to quit waffling and get some words on paper. (Speaking to myself, not you!)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Cathy you have a wonderful workspace! I'd like to have a room of my own. My workspace is a corner in the living room, where I have my computer and printer/scanner. Still, some of your stuff looks like mine: books, papercrafting. I have (too many) piles of things to do. Most of my boxes with postcards and albums with photos are stored upstairs. Well, to get my space as neat as yours I'll have to tidy up some things. Thank you for sharing! It inspires me.

Linda Reeder said...

We have a home office upstairs where we have our desk top computer, Tom's genealogy files, my sewing machine and serger, sewing supplies, which have spilled over in the guest room, and Josy the Cat's closet nest. Our work counter is about 15 feet long, and I try to keep it uncluttered. There is a small TV and a radio and a south facing window to let in the light. All of our photograph albums and trip albums are on the shelves or in the closet.
It's a great work space.

KathyB. said...

Such a cozy nook for your writing research & creativity Kathy ! I love seeing women's workplaces at home. Bookshelves full books and memories make a home even more cozy & welcoming.

I know you'll get your book written, the autumn and winter months are perfect for hunkering down and getting literary. :)

Connie said...

Hi Kathy, I love that your room includes little things from your grandparents and parents. Your home looks very cozy, very warm and very inviting.
I'm happy to hear that you are planning on setting aside time to write. Always follow your passions.
Have a lovely weekend.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Kathy, I love that you're dedicating a special spot to work, blog, email, and network! It makes a lot of sense and probably helps put you "in the zone" when you go in there.

Bruno Laliberté said...

The space looks lovely and works FOR YOU, but I personally would have a nervous breakdown in there. I need everything overly organized {OCD obliged], and HIDDEN!!

I need space!!!
:D~

Good luck on your writing though.
Sounds promising.
I like that you printed various things you've done, ready to expand on those ideas. THAT is something I can relate to.

But if you ever need to declutter the space, I'm good at that!!! It'll only cost you my plane ticket!!!
;)~
HUGZ

Lynn said...

Wow, you do fill up every nook and cranny. I'm sure you never lack being creative.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":