Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Grandma Jody's 75th Birthday Party:


My Mom turned 75 on Friday, and my sister Julie made 75 cupcakes for her party.  We weren't able to attend, and Cary and I missed out on a lot of fun that night.  I borrowed these FB pictures from Kari, Julie and Ken to use them in this post.  (Thanks for sharing, you guys!)

Here is Mom/Grandma Jody when she was just a baby, sitting on her Great-Great Grandmother's lap:

  • Her Great-Great Grandmother, Mary Elizabeth Gartlett Mattoon is holding her
  • The man is Jody's father, Floyd Albert Traylor
  • The woman in the yellow dress is Lillian Maude Mattoon Craig, (she is Jody's Great-Grandmother)
  • The woman in the blue dress is Maude Irene Craig Traylor (Bennett); Floyd's Mom, and Jody's Grandma

Back at the party, Mom opened her presents:


That is my son Nigel in the background, holding a red Solo cup:



My daughter Kari poses with her Grandma.  Kari was her very first grandbaby:



Before long, many others came along.  Shown here are Casey (Mom's first great-grandbaby), Zane, Mom, my daughter Kristin, and my nieces Kiki and Liza:




This group all went out to dinner before coming over to Julie's for cake and ice cream.  Kari, Grandma Jody, Kristin and Casey:


Zane, Liza, Kiki and Grandma Jody:


They got busy lighting the candles:



Then it was time to make a wish and blow them out:


Ilona, one of Mom's best friends of 44 years, was able to attend the party too:



Kristin and Nigel ham it up:


Happy Birthday, Mom!  Hope it is your best year ever.

Love,

Kathy 


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check


10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oboy, all those cupcakes! What a great idea...and nice to see so many members of the family there to celebrate...You and Cary were there in spirit!

Linda Reeder said...

Love the cupcake idea. What a wonderful family celebration!

T. Powell Coltrin said...

I'll have to try that. Awesome. Looks like you all had a great time.

Little Nell said...

A happy occasion!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your Mom's birthday!

KathyB. said...

First of all, I am stealing that cupcake idea! What a wonderful party for your beautiful mom, and the photo of her in the light of the candles as they are being lit is amazing. I think it should be enlarged and framed.

Your family is very attractive, you are so blessed Kathy.

The old photo of your mother as a baby with so many generations clearly shown ,well, it just is a treasure. Happy birthday to your Mom!

Tammy said...

What a wonderful family you must have. Not to mention healthy and youthful-looking. Love that cupcake idea!

Wendy said...

75 cupcakes - surely there was enough for me to have one??? Cool idea! But the best photo has to be the 5 generations. The most I have photos of is 4. Happy Birthday to your mom from me!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thanks for stopping by to celebrate with us, everybody! I do appreciate my family very much.

Hugs,

Kathy M.

nutschell said...

fabulous pictures! looks like a great party!

Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":