Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Haiti Updates: David Uttley, Samaritan's Purse and "Me and G"

David Uttley

Sisters, Oregon photographer, Mr. David Uttley, has returned from Haiti, where he was working with Samaritan's Purse to photograph and document the progress and events of their work with the Hatian earthquake victims.  I do not know David, but he is a member of my greater Central Oregon community, and I want to give him a shout out for his hard work.  Here is the link to his website, as well as links to his Z21 and KOHD news stories:

http://luminescentimages.com/#272212/Haiti-Earthquake-Samaritan-s-Purse
http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/In_Pictures/2010/02/http://www.ktvz.com/global/story.asp?s=12002383
http://kohd.com/news/local/162961

 Franklin Graham

I have always been a fan of Samaritan's Purse and of its founder, Franklin Graham.  Franklin is Billy Graham's son.  He was the wayward sheep of the family for quite a few years and then came back to the Lord and began his own ministry.


In the early 90's, I attended a crusade event at the Lane County Fairgrounds where Franklin Graham was the guest speaker.  I went forward that evening and recommitted myself to Jesus, and it took.  I was already the church secretary for University Street Christian Church, so I think they were kind of glad that I became a recommitted Christian.  I am not holier than thou, and I make mistakes, but I know that I am a child of God and that I have been forgiven.  That gives me hope, and love for others.  Okay, I'll stop about that now, because I do want you to finish reading this post.  Except to say that after that, our church began participating in Operation Shoebox, where we sent around 100 shoe boxes at Christmastime to Samaritan's Purse and they distributed them to kids in impoverished countries.


Samaritan's Purse is one of the groups that is really getting things done in Haiti.  They are providing clean water, food, medical supplies, etc.  They do this all the time, in different countries, so they know what they are doing and they get a LOT done.   Here are the addresses to their main website and to their Facebook page on their work in Haiti.  I get updates throughout the day on their accomplishments and prayer requests.  

Samaritan's Purse rocks!

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Samaritans-Purse-International-Relief/274499941808?ref=nf



"Me and G"
I was surfing Blogger.com the other day and came across  this neat blog called "Me and G".  It is about an American family who recently adopted a little girl named Gyrlande from Haiti.  It is interesting and well done.  Here is the link to that blog:
http://gyrlande.blogspot.com/


No comments:

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":