Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Pink Stingray ...

Source:  Bing Images
The Pink Stingray

If you think this is going to be a story about how I dreamed of getting Pink Stingray for Christmas and then woke up to one on Christmas morning, boy are you wrong.

Last night, I was feeling nostalgic and went online searching for the toys of my youth.  I started thinking about the bikes my sisters had, matching Pink Stingrays similar to the picture of the one above.  I was too old for Stingrays; I had a 10-speed.

For whatever reason, one sunny day I had to borrow one of their bikes to ride the 8 blocks down to Albertsons to purchase some sanitary supplies.  Maybe my bike had a flat tire.  Maybe I wanted to use the basket (we didn't have backpacks in those days).
 
There was some boy that I had a huge crush on at the time, though for the life of me I don't remember his name anymore.  That is how those things go, as you age.   I felt like I was risking humiliation by the possibility of running into that boy and being seen on that bike.  To make matters worse, I was sure that if a chance meeting did occur, he would say, hey, what is in the bag in the basket of your Pink Stingray?  I was mortified just thinking about the whole scenario! 

It was necessary that I went to Albertsons in a timely manner, so I took my chances on that bike.  My worries were unfounded, like so many worries turn out to be.  I made it to the store and back without getting stopped by the cute, inquisitive boy of my dreams.  And I probably made sure my bike was in tip-top shape in the future, just in case of emergency.


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

No comments:

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":