Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Hard Copies ....

At the risk of some of you thinking I am a weirdo, I am going to go ahead and post this on my blog.  This is from one of my other blogs titled "Emergency Preparedness and Self-Reliant Living".  To check it out, here is the link: http://ogocaj2.blogspot.com/

Hard Copies ....


For those of us who are hoping for the best and preparing for the worst, stocking up on food and supplies, etc. what will happen if we really do lose electricity and internet?  What if that EMP attack occurs and we no longer have computer access to everything we want to know all at our fingertips?  What if we cannot even get our computers to turn on?

When I buy books at the used bookstore, I am really buying hard copies of information that somebody has cared enough to put on paper.  Now I have begun printing out stuff of off the computer and the internet for my hard copies too.  How to make candles.  How to sew diapers.  How to make your own infant formula.  How to can.  How to use herbs and homeopathic meds.  Lyrics to Jimmy Buffett songs.  Lyrics to church songs.  Phone numbers for landlines (just in case they will still work).  Whatever is dear to your heart ... write it down, print it off and file it away.  If you do it now, it will be there when you want to use it.

I was reading an article in magazine the other day about organization.  Organization is dear to my heart, but going paperless is not.  The author suggested that you scan your recipes from your favorite cookbook into your computer and get rid of the cookbook.  Are these people crazy?  Even if your hard drive crashed you would be in trouble there.

There are so many great blogs and websites out there, full of information on self-reliant living and emergency preparedness.  Glean from those that interest you the most, and print out what ever you think will come in handy as you hope for the best and prepare for the worst.   I have been posting cool blogs that I find on the sidebar, and then check out their links to find new websites.  Please let me know if you have sites that you would like listed.  It's all free!

~ Kathy

No comments:

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":