Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Friday, June 25, 2010

A Perfect Summer Day Off:


Yesterday was as close to a perfect day as one could ask for.  It was hot and sunny, I had no big plans, and I didn't have to go anywhere.  It was a day off.  A day where nothing was pressing, and I could choose to do with it as I pleased.


So, I did these things:  I made the Las Vegas blog post (which took a long time because I couldn't find the photos at first).  I planted four planters with wildflower seeds, I washed my car and I made a great tuna salad.  I chatted with friends on Facebook.  I chopped up and dehydrated strawberries, mushrooms, blueberries and celery.  I sat out in the hot sun, letting the lemon juice lighten my hair, and I began reading two books (I talk about one of them in the post below, and the other is an old favorite, Mauve Benchy's Copper Beech).  

I watched a good game of baseball that lasted 13 innings:  The Mariners and The Cubbies.  And my husband came home early from his day of putting out fires to join me.  The Mariners lost, but it was a fun game to watch.



I also started getting things ready to sew.  FINALLY!!!  The little things pictured above will be beanbags.  Easy and fun to make.  I sewed the buttons on them last night.  I am going to start with making toys, dolls and kids games.  Unless I change my mind and make some bags and baby blankets.  Or decide to make some  "corn bags" (hot and cold packs).   It doesn't matter to me, as long and I am actually sewing something.  I will go with the flow. 


Today I will enter the real world and stop by and help Cary with what he needs, but yesterday was like a day of rest ... kind of like a Sabbath day.  I am grateful that I had the chance to relax and only do the things that appealed to me.  Reading over this, it seems like I did get lot done, but it was done at a leisurely pace and was of free will.  If only all days could be like that!



No comments:

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":