Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Book Blurb Friday #22: "Twenty" and "Who Is Watching You?"

Hi!  I'm still playing catch-up on my book blurbs.  What is Book Blurb Friday?  Lisa Ricard Claro, over at "Writing in the Buff" holds a fun exercise in writing for us each week.  We (and you too!) have 150 words to tell a story that goes with the photo that she provides, pretending that it will be on the inside jacket of a bestselling (hopefully) book.  Fiction, non-fiction, biographies, travel ... it is your book, just write it! 

Here is Book Blurb #1:

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
Twenty
by Kathy Matthews

"Twenty years ago, Dr. Emily Baker gave up her newborn baby girl for adoption.  

Twenty days from now, Emily's twins are due to be born, and she is searching for a nanny.  Beautiful twenty-year-old Clarissa Robertson is her number one choice so far.  

Emily is clueless, but Clarissa is a narcissistic-sociopath filled with jealousy and rage, hidden deep beneath her lovely exterior.  Clarissa is also Emily’s firstborn child. 

Finding Emily through the adoption agency and the internet, Clarissa has placed herself into the perfect opportunistic situation.  As a payback for her own perceived abandonment, Clarissa has a dreadful plan in mind for her siblings when they turn twenty months old. 

Twenty, twenty, twenty.  Emily has nearly two years to figure things out and to save her babies from Clarissa’s intentions.  This chilling psychological thriller will keep you thinking about those you surround yourself with ... and not trusting the wrong ones."(150)
 
Sorry guys, I know that this one is a bit creepy.  It is just what popped into my mind, lol!  The photo in both of these blurbs have been provided by Lisa's daughter Christina.  Please "CLICK HERE"  to read the stories that other participants wrote about the girl with the amazing blue eyes.


And, here is Book Blurb #2, one that I missed awhile ago:

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

 Who Is Watching You?
by Kathy Matthews

Who is watching you?  How is technology digging deep in secret ways to invade your privacy?

Learn about “E.T. Vans” in every neighborhood, listening to our private conversations.  Of insurance investigators bugging your home to debunk your workers compensation claims.  Satellite cameras can focus in on your backyard so that insurance companies can cancel your policy if they disagree with your housekeeping.  Is your county using Google Earth to spot you building something without a permit?  What about those cameras at intersections resulting in tickets for talking on your cell phone or entering the intersection as the light turns yellow?  On-Star and cell phone GPS systems pinpoint your every move.  These are the common devices, but new ones are being developed or improved upon daily.  

A must buy, this book gives you the latest about the sneakiest! Learn to fight back, and how to block most surveillance without using tinfoil. (150)

The photo in this blurb has also been provided by Lisa's daughter Christina.   Please "CLICK HERE"  to read more stories about the woman with the bright green eye.



I am participating in Lisa's Book Blurb Friday, from over at Writing in the BuffWhen you have a minute, please go over and check out what everybody else has written.


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

10 comments:

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

You've gotten so good at this! "Twenty" is creepiness at its best, and what a wonderfully twisted villain you've created! The second one is also creepy, but in a totally "Wow, I never thought of it like that" sort of way. Excellent job! (Love the tin foil remark. Hehehe...)

My daughter and her fascination with eyes! Maybe she'll be famous for her eye photos someday. LOL

Kay L. Davies said...

Seriously scary, that first one. I hope Emily can save her babies.
And I had to laugh at the tinfoil line in your second story, too. I sure hope no one is really inspecting my housekeeping, because I'd be in big trouble.
You have a good imagination, Kathy, and it lends itself well to plotting.

—Kay, Alberta, Canada

Sandra Davies said...

'Twenty' promises far too scary a read for me - the plot looks solidly constructed and I suspect the tension will build unbearably. Would be a best-seller - and a box-office success - for sure.

Susan Fobes said...

I love the Twenty blurb the best, and yes it is darker than your usual! (I went that way too and don't know why...)

Arkansas Patti said...

I'd buy 20-20 and it needs to be written.
Big Brother doesn't really bother me so I might pass on the second one.

Tammy said...

Love that creepiness and the number twenty theme that ties it all together. Nicely complex conflict, too--Emily gets to approach Clarissa as mother, doctor and victim! *Shudder.*

I'm with Kay--I loved the tinfoil line in the other one, and my first thought was that I hoped no one was using Google Earth to see how bad the weeds in my backyard have become!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thanks, ladies! Twenty might be too scary for me to attempt to write, but it probably would make a great "Lifetime Channel" movie, lol.

I thought that tinfoil line was funny too ... kind of lightened it up. The Google Earth/insurance thing is true ... we had some pvc pipe piled up behind our garage, and were sent a cancellation notice on our homeowners insurance! They said we didn't have enough defensible space (for wildfire) and believe me, our house has more of that than anybody else around here.

Grandma's Goulash said...

You're right. Twenty is extremely creepy and I'll be standing in line to buy it. I think the best horror stories are the ones that have enough elements of truth to seem real. This one certainly meets that criteria.

Your second blurb is just as scary. It is almost impossible in our society to avoid this technological tracking. I'd love to read the suggestions for avoiding it.

Hootin Anni said...

Lordy, lordy, lordy!!! Girl, you seem to have captured some trickling of a bone chilling thriller here. Oh my gosh. I can't wait for this one to be published. I want the first one off the presses. yes, I do.

Fantastic.

And your other one...well now. I feel a pair of eyes on me right now. [I swear if Bud came up behind me right now, I'd jump out of my skin.]


With the Tropical Storm threat, this is the first chance I have to catch up on those that stopped by to visit me the past couple of days. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment for me: much appreciated!!!

My link for Saturday: TWO'S COMPANY - THREE'S A CROWD

Have a blessed weekend.

Rinkly Rimes said...

This is revenge carried to entertaining extremes.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":