Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Johnny Damon: Congratulations!

For those of you have been reading my blog for awhile, you know that Johnny Damon is one of my very favorite baseball players.  Not only is he a great player; he is a quality person and also quite cute.  Johnny Damon is my secret boyfriend.  I discovered him when he was sporting the caveman/Jesus look as a Boston Red Sox:


 Source:  I don't remember.



Baseball is the game of new records, and here is an article/video about the one that Johnny set yesterday:

MLB.com: Johnny Damon Surpasses Ted Williams Record

My blog friend Kathy A. Johnson, over at  "CATCHING HAPPINESS"  is an avid Ray's fan.  They watch most of the games in their seats behind the first base line.  I asked her if the opportunity should ever come up, that I would LOVE it if she can score me a Johnny Damon autograph that says something like, "To Kathy Matthews, From Johnny Damon (with love)".  Kathy said that she would try.  Thanks, Kath!


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

4 comments:

Unknown said...

An impressive record to be sure, though I really don't pay that much attention to baseball beyond the Cubs. I'm more into football, basketball and hockey. My mom and sister think I'm hopeless heathen. ;)

Happy 4th! Hope you have an awesome holiday.

Arkansas Patti said...

That is one young man who is a shoe in for the Hall of Fame. He just keeps setting records. He is in the right state, just the wrong team. The Marlins could sure use him.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Melissa, I've just been watching baseball since I met Cary (who came with a big screen t.v. so that I could see what was going on). I love it now. I used to think it was very boring.

Patti, he's been bounced around a lot lately, but I think that the Ray's would be smart to keep him...not that that helps the Marlin's any, lol.

Kathy A. Johnson said...

Actually, we watch most of the games from the comfort of our own living room! But when we do get to the Trop, our favorite seats are on the first base line! Johnny has been a great leader and player for the Rays--a wonderful addition and somewhat of a surprise to the fans who have not had too much to be happy about in the DH position (I'm looking at you, Pat Burrell...).

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":