Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Monday, July 4, 2011

A Perfect Day and A Bit More of the Frontier Days Fair:

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


What a fun day yesterday was!  Cary and I went into Bend, got the car washed, went to Fred Meyer and bought some summer clothes, and then I got my hair cut.  On the way home, we stopped for a bit of Chinese food and visited with our friend Holli.  Later on, we went back to the fair for a little while.  We ate corn on the cob and Indian Taco's (the shell was fry bread).

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

I visited with my friend Bunny and did a bit of shopping at her booth.  If you are going there, make sure to stop by and say hi.  She has wonderful handcrafted items for very reasonable prices.  We saw some other friends too, and listened to music for awhile before coming back home.  Two awesome days in a row...it doesn't get any better than that!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
Greg.

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
Dale C.

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
Our Niki.

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
 Cary visits with Stu Martinez, our former mayor.


This is a Blue Monday post.  Our friend Smiling Sally, is still in the hospital, but her granddaughter reports that she is doing better.  Yay!  Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.  If you would like to visit her blog, please "CLICK HERE".




At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

11 comments:

BECKY said...

Hi Kathy! Looks like a good old-fashioned American fair! What is a bottle apron?

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Looks like you have Fourth of July festivities all planned out! Enjoy your holiday!

Donna said...

Hi Kathy, Thanks for dropping by my blog, Comin' Home! I'm very glad you enjoyed my post about whether or not to blog. :o) I really enjoyed your photos of friends and activities in Oregon. We've visited often since my husband's boss lives in Oregon, just north of the John Day River which we river rafted on. (That is the MOST fun ever!!) Too bad we don't have a river nearby. Ha! Have a lovely 4th. We can't have our usual fireworks, but I've got my potato salad and brisket all cooked and am baking pecan pies today. We are going to play videos on our widescreen TV of our New Year's eve in Germany three years ago. Talk about fireworks! Wow! It looked like WWIII! Great photos! Looks like you are having a great holiday too.

xo
Donna

Arkansas Patti said...

You are on a roll with good days aren't you. That looks like a fun time.
I'll keep Smiling Sally in my prayers and so glad she is doing better.
Have a great 4th.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Becky; I guess it just dresses up the bottle. It wouldn't stay on too long at our house though.

Hi Lisa ... well, when the final day came, I was worn out from being up since 3:30 so we just stayed home and missed the parade. That's okay ... I'm ready for the week now.

Hi Donna, thanks so much for visiting. Oregon is beautiful, no doubt about it. We still need to explore the eastern part, where John Day is. I hope you had a great 4th!

Patti, well, I was, but I crashed yesterday. Oh well, I packed and read my book, so all was not lost. Thanks so much for your prayers. Sallie is such a neat person.

Have a great week everybody!

Kathy M.

Maude Lynn said...

Looks like lots of fun!

Kim, USA said...

You look gorgeous on your new hair cut! ^_^

forgetmenot said...

Kathy, It looks like you had so much fun. I love going to our State Fair in September--there is always so much "stuff" going on. And I'm glad you had nice weather too--that makes such a difference in whether you enjoy yourself or you don't. Take care. Mickie :)

Lesa said...

Looks like a colorful and cozy fair. Yum, indian tacos-- I make them in the winter but since the AC is cranked up guess I could make some in the summer too.

Hootin Anni said...

Your fun post brought a lot of much needed smiles and joy this morning....after we've had a long....long....sad week.

Oh, and I LOVE your Damon post below this one too.

Kathy A. Johnson said...

Looks like lots of fun, beautiful weather and mmmmm....fry bread! What could be better?

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":