Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Photos of Nike's "The Opening" - ESPN Rise, July 5-9, 2011 in Beaverton, Oregon

Photo Source:  Pages 2 and 3 of the Nike Program Guide

Last week, Cary and I were privileged to attend Nike's "The Opening", watching quarterback grandson Tyler Matthews (#43 the first day, and #15 on game days) play with 150 of the best high school football players in the United States. The event was held at Nike World Headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon. I hope that you enjoy the pictures ... some are better photos than others, but I tried to capture as many kids as I could.

This is a long post, with approximately 500 photos divided up into slide shows. They are of the players, the fans, our family and everybody that caught my eye. They are in chronological order. No names are on the pictures, even if I do know who people were.  You can click on the slide shows to enlarge them.

As time permits, I will also be writing blog posts about my experience as a spectator. Since I still have a lot to learn about football and this is not a sports blog, I'll write some human interest stories as seen through my eyes. That said, Tyler Matthews, YOU ROCK!!!!


Where We Stayed:  
The Embassy Suites in Tigard, Oregon

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews





Photos of the parts of the Nike World Headquarters Campus in Beaverton, Oregon that I got to see.  That place is HUGE!!!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews





Wednesday, July 6th Football Photos:

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
NFL Wide Receiver Jerry Rice and Cary





Friday, July 8th Football Photos:

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
"The Field Generals"
The teams were named after the 
Nike shoes that they were wearing.




Saturday, July 9th Football Photos:

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

 Our new friends from Georgia, D.J. White's Family (#23)
(Z., please email me; I lost your address!)


 


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

3 comments:

Gloria said...

Great photos! Looks like you had a fabulous time, Kathy!
Best,
Gloria
P.S. I love Jerry Rice -- he was on "Dancing with the Stars!!!" :)

Kathy A. Johnson said...

What a cool experience! I love Jerry Rice, too! He used to play for the San Francisco 49ers, my favorite football team when I was a teenager.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Gloria, thank you, we did have a great time. We walked so much though, that I got so tired. That was nice of Jerry Rice; I sent the pic to his FB page.

Hi Kathy, it seems as if everybody but me knew who he is, lol. Cary was, there's Jerry Rice! I was like, who? He said, he played with Joe Montana for SF. I said oh, cool!

I usually don't watch Dancing With the Stars, so I missed that part too. But still mananged to get his picture with my sweetie.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":