Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Monday, December 7, 2009

The COLD and Snowy Weekend:

This weekend was cold, really cold.  And, it is going to get even colder, starting now.  A frigid arctic cold front has arrived.  The high today is supposed to get to 18* and the low several degrees below zero, with winds blowing at 25 mph.   We were warned of the low temps, but the snow was somehow a surprise.  We got about 3" at our house, but parts of Bend received a foot.  We usually get more than they do ... not this time.

Can you see how cold it is in these two pictures, taken yesterday?  I was trying to get a picture of the wind blowing the snow all over the place, but I learned that is just a tad bit easier than catching a flash of lightening.  I finally got too cold and went back into the house.





 

By the way, we are not wussies about cold around here.  We think that 30* and snowing is just fine.  That happens frequently in La Pine during the winter months.  The temperatures we have now are not usual for this area.  Thank goodness!  

As I write this post, I can hear the wind blowing the Midstate thermometer outside the front door, and it just makes me shiver.  I feel so bad for those who have to be outside in this miserable cold.




I was busy this weekend though.  I got to work on making more presents.  (Warning: If you are a relative, please skip this part, so you can be surprised on Christmas Day.Like that is really going stop 'em.


 
 I worked on these things.  They are easy and fun things to make, and my family seems to enjoy them.


  
I made 17 cookie mixes.  I would have made more, but I ran out of chocolate chips.  I'll pick some up today when I go to Bi Mart, which I have to do, now that I am out of dog food.  Dang, I wish I would have gotten that the other day.


 
I had made the playdough a while 
back, but was re-packaging it on Saturday.


 
I took the homemade Kahlua out of the canning jars and repackaged them.  I still need to find corks for these bottles, or figure out another type of bottle to use.  I had made it on October 21, so it should be pretty good by Christmas.

In addition, I started sewing gift bags for Little Missy's classroom.  I'll show a picture of those when I get done.

Have a wonderful day, and stay warm!



No comments:

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":