Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.
My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.
~ Kathy M.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Dear Diary: A December Tuesday
Yesterday, I got up, worked on my blogs, and then got down to cleaning the house and organizing the office/sewing, room while watching a marathon of Paranormal State http://www.aetv.com/paranormal-state/. I got caught up on laundry and vacuumed too. I let Christmas go for a day and did some normal stuff, and it felt really good.
I moved some furniture into our room to make room for my filing cabinet, and some brick and board shelves that I am going to get at ACE after Christmas (decided to go cheap and be flexible this time around). I have a great "creative" room going around here, but I need to be able to find everything organize it so that I can enjoy it and use it even more. Good, better, best ... never let it rest, until the good is better and the better's best.
I like watching Paranormal State, because they are real people doing their work, and their work is often dealing with the ins and outs of spiritual warfare. It is their ministry. They are not worried about invoking the name of Jesus Christ on t.v. as they deal with the real evil that sometimes occurs on their show. Apparently you can tell Old Aunt Betty to leave your house and go to the light, but that is much different than dealing with demons.
One of the episodes yesterday was actually very scary, and Ryan and his crew did all they could, but could not fix the situation. So Ryan said he was tired of giving evil a platform and asked everybody watching the show and visiting his website to pray for the families involved. He figured a million prayers would go far, and as they followed up with the families afterwords, sure enough the prayers had worked. Cool.
Next, Cary and I went to lunch in La Pine at Norma's Red Rooster Coffee House and Cafe, next to Homestead Quilts. It was good food, reasonably priced, and very relaxing. We talked to the guy who used to manage Gordy's for a little bit. The cook came out and said hello; he knew Cary. We visited with Lee, of Lee's Appliance for quite a while. He is so nice. We met a new friend, Jackie, a college student who was there on her laptop applying for jobs online. I showed her my blog and my Central Oregon and McKenzie River websites. I just couldn't help it, I had to share my work.
We left there, and went to Bi Mart, but didn't find anything. We then drove to Sunriver and walked around on the mall, but we didn't find anything there either. It was a nice day, kind of cold but not bad, and very pretty. There was hardly anybody in Sunriver though. Cary and the lady at Cate's Trading Post were reminiscing about how Sunriver used to be in the 1980's. They said it was like Disneyland, that crowded on the mall.
Then we came home and watched the Oregon State and BYU bowl game being held in Las Vegas. It was so windy there and OSU got their butt kicked. Oh well. Right before the game began, my Dad called and said he was in the hospital for observation in Arizona for flu-like symptoms. He sounded in good spirits though, and was glad that he called, because he thought the game started at 8:00 and it was actually just beginning as we spoke. Dad asked a guy walking by to fix his t.v. so that he could watch OSU ultimately lose.
Well, that was about it, that was my day. I really enjoyed yesterday and spending time with my Best Friend Husband. Today it is back to Christmas as I finish things up around here. Lots of presents to wrap. I'll try not to worry too much about my Dad being in the hospital, I am sure he will be fine and be out soon. I hope!
Posts About Oregon:
- 2013 Cemetery Tour
- A Drive Along The Oregon Outback: Summer Lake Hot Springs
- Ashland, Oregon's Lodging Options
- Ashland, Oregon: Lithia Park in the Fall
- Beautiful Oregon Pictures
- Belknap Host Springs Resort: Upper Level
- Belknap Hot Springs Resort, McKenzie River Valley OR
- Belknap Springs Resort - "The Not So Secret Gardens"
- Belknap Springs Resort and Gardens: The Loge Area
- Belknap Springs Resort: "The Secret Garden"
- Blue River, McKenzie River Valley OR
- Clear Lake Resort, McKenzie River Valley OR
- Clearwater Falls, Hwy 138
- Colliding Rivers Viewpoint
- Collier Logging Museum
- Collier Logging Museum: Pioneer Village
- Coos Bay Trip #1: The Mill Casino
- Coos Bay Trip #2: Sea Gulls and Pier
- Coos Bay Trip #3: Fisherman's Wharf
- Coos Bay Trip #4: Cape Arago Area
- Cougar (Terwilliger) Hot Springs Lagoon
- Cougar Dam, Blue River OR
- Cougar Logoon and Old Growth Hiking Trail in The McKenzie River Valley of Oregon
- Cougar Reservoir Old Growth HIke, McKenzie River Valley
- Devil's Punch Bowl State Park
- Devil's Punch Bowl State Park Photos #2
- Drain, Oregon: The Drain Castle
- Drain, Oregon: The Hassard House
- Fish Lake #1, McKenzie River Valley OR
- Fish Lake Revisited (July 2009)
- God's Country Part 2: The Beaver Trail at Holiday Farms in Rainbow, Oregon
- God's Country Part I: The Park at Holiday Farms RV Park in Rainbow, Oregon
- Grass Valley, Oregon
- Green Waters Park, Oakridge OR
- Herbert Hoover Visits The McKenzie River Valley of Oregon
- Holiday Farms RV Resort in Rainbow, OR
- I Dream of Eugene "Eugene in the Spring"
- I Dream of Eugene: "J.W. Quackenbush's Hardware Store"
- I Dream of Eugene: "Just where was that Skinner Cabin?"
- I Dream of Eugene: A History Lesson on the Sidewalk
- I Dream of Eugene: The 5th Street Market
- I Dream of Eugene: The 5th Street Market Mural
- Link to my Central Oregon Blog
- Link to my McKenzie River Valley of Oregon Blog
- Living at Camp Christian, Walterville OR
- Lookout Point and Dexter Lakes
- McCreadie Hot Springs Photos
- McCredie Day Use Site
- McKenzie River Valley: Delta Campground
- McKenzie Station Espresso and Inn at McKenzie Bridge
- Naked in Nature: McCredie Hot Springs
- Newport, Oregon #1
- Newport, Oregon: Historic Bay Front and Fisherman's Wharf
- Newport, Oregon: Historic Nye Beach
- Newport, Oregon: The Oregon Coast Aquarium
- Newport, Oregon: The Oregon Coast Aquarium 2009
- Newport, Oregon: Views of Yaquina Bay State Park
- North Fork of the Willamette River Near Oakridge
- North Santiam River State Park
- Odell Lake
- Olallie Campground: Upper McKenzie River
- Pringle Falls Experimental Forest in La Pine
- Rainbow, Oregon Area: Feb. 2009
- Sahalie Falls, McKenzie River OR
- Salt Creek Falls, Highway 58 at Willamette Pass
- Seaside, Oregon: A Weekend of 6th Grade Basketball
- Seaside, Oregon: On the Beach
- Seaside, Oregon: The Carousel
- Seaside, Oregon: Window Shopping
- Shadow Shots from Around Oregon
- Shahalie Falls
- Shelter Cover Resort at Odell Lake, Oregon
- Silverton, Oregon Video
- South Santiam River: Fernview Campground
- Taking the Long Way Home Part I: Unity, Fall Creek, Lowell
- Taking the Long Way Home Part II: Westfir, Oakridge, Highway 58
- The Astoria Column in Astoria, Oregon
- The Columbus Day Storm
- The Dreaded Scotch Broom
- The Hassard House Becomes Sweet Thang Chocolates
- The Hassard House Becomes Sweet Thang Chocolates
- The Hotel Elliott in Astoria, Oregon
- The Hotel McCredie and McCredie Hot Springs
- The Lightship Columbia
- The McKenzie River Valley #1
- The Oregon (Portland) Zoo
- The Rustic Skillet in Rainbow, OR
- Train Mountain in Chiloquin, OR
- Trapper Creek at Odell Lake
- Unity Bridge at Fall Creek
- Warm Springs Photos 2008
- Wicopee Fields and The Frazier Slide
- Winter on the North Fork and Willamette: Oakridge Rest Area
"More Blog Friends"
"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"
"Writing and Poetry Blogs":
- Cathy C.'s Hall of Fame
- Claudia's Page
- Donna's Book Pub
- Elizabeth Mueller
- Emma's LLM Calling
- Fireside Park - Tony Benson
- Gumbo Justice
- Katie O'Sullivan
- Laura Howard's Finding Bliss
- Margo Benson
- Musings From The Moment
- Napple Notes
- Rinkly Rimes
- She Writes Members Blogs
- So You Want to be a Writer
- The Art of Being Broken
- The Publishing Virgin
- Womens Memoirs
- Write From the Heart
"Spiritual and Inspirational Blogs"
"My Blog List"
- A Southern Daydreamer
- Coloring Outside the Lines
- Dusty Us Diaries
- Faith, Hope and a Whole Lotta Love
- Heart's Content
- In Amazing Graceland
- Martha's Musings
- Meditations of My Heart
- My Arts Desire
- My Garden Haven
- My Heart's Content
- My Photography in Focus
- Old Forest
- Patina Moon
- Photographers of Esty
- Photographers of Esty Blog
- Pioneer Woman
- Smiling Sally's Blue Monday
- Snapshots of Bombay
- Stamp Mouse
- The Feathered Nest
- Tina's Pic Story
- Watery Wednesday
"Book Clubs and Book Blogs":
"Food and Cooking Blogs"
"Decorating and Homemaking Blogs":
"Art/Craft and Sewing/Quilting Blogs":
"M.E., Vintage, Cherry and Shabby Chic Blogs":
"Marriage and Family Blogs"
Frugal Living and Coupon Sites:
More neat blogs and websites to check out!
Links and Resources:
- "Getting the Hang of the Business End of Things" for Writers
- 1859 Oregon Magazine
- 20 Search.com
- Art-e-zine: Vintage Resources
- Bend Blogs.com
- Bend Bulleitn: Bend Events for the Week
- Bend: Survival Common Sense Blog
- Big Huge Labs.com
- Bing/Windows Live Pictures
- Book Blogger Directory
- Book Catcher.com
- Chickens in the Road.com
- Cottage Hill's Linky List
- Deb Gould
- Earth Files.com
- Easy Bread Recipe
- El.com - Oregon Links
- Eugene Police Reports
- Explore Central Oregon
- Family Old Photos.com
- Fracture Me Photo Frames Website
- Free Genealogy Websites
- Free Photo Effects
- Free Photo Sources
- Free University Writing Classes
- Google Books
- Hack Bend: What's Going On In Bend OR
- Historic Photo Archive.com
- How to make your own postcards.
- Indie Fixx's Feed Your Soul: Free Art!
- Is Somebody Stealing Your Blog Content?
- Link to Curtis Irish's Collection on Flicker
- List of 5106 Oregon Landmarks
- Lost Oregon Links
- MLB - Home Page
- MLB - Mariners
- MLB - Rays
- MLB - Red Sox
- MLB - Yankees
- Make Your Own Slide Show
- Malibu Recovery Center Blog
- Meme-Aholoics List of Meme Parties
- NaNoWriMo Forums
- Nan's Cottage Design Studio
- Nature Photography Blog
- ODOT Webcam and Trip Checks for Central Oregon
- Old Oregon Photos.com
- Oregon Hiking.com
- Oregon Hot Springs Map
- Oregon Wildfire Info
- Pacific Crest Stock Photos.com
- Photo Friday.com
- Photo Secrets.com
- Plumrose Lane
- Project Gutenberg: Free Books!
- Publication Studio: Books on Demand
- Publishing Syndicate.com
- RV Parks.com
- Salem History - Old Oregon Photos
- Skool Days Nostalgia Blog
- Southern Oregon History Website
- Surnames in Douglas County, Oregon - Linkpendium
- Survival Center.com
- The Oregon Encyclopedia and The Willamette River
- The Publicity Primer (From Shannon at The Warrior Muse)
- Tom's Book Publishing Blog
- Visit USA.com
- Western Americana
- Word Hippo
- Writer Beware!