Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Best Dry Dog Food?



This was the question I posed to my Facebook friends on Christmas Day, after I woke up to an "accident" in the doggy bedroom.  The "doggy bedroom" is also the laundry room, because it opens up to the back door.  It also has the furnace in it, along with the furnace intake air supply, of course.  So, that is how I realized there was an "accident", as I could smell it through the heater vent in our room.  Not a fun way to wake up, let me assure you.


But, this story goes back further than Christmas Day, to a day about a month ago when I found out that Bi-Mart no longer carries the dog food that my fussy eater, Sonny, has been eating for the past 6 years.  I have been trying to figure out what kind of food will work best.  This last time around, I failed miserably, apparently.

Also, I want a food that is made in the United States.  I am tired of pet food, toys and vaccines being made in China that have "extra" or harmful ingredients added that are harmful to our families.  (I have no proof about the vaccine portion of that statement yet, but would not be surprised to have some news on that pretty soon.) 



Anyway, I posted the question to my friends about which dry dog food they prefer for their own dogs.  This led to an informative discussion, mostly by my knowledgeable friend Carly, about dry dog food in general.  She said that corn is not digested by dogs, but that most dry dog foods contain corn as the second or third ingredient.  The dog food people add the corn and then  claim it as protein, even though the dogs cannot utilize it in their systems.  Rice and lamb mixes were highly toted in my informal research.



Carly and Holly highly endorsed the following dry dog food, which is available at Fred Meyer for around $22.00 per 40 pound bag (which is $9.00 cheaper than what I was paying for the old food):


 

So, I am going to give it a whirl this week.  I hope the Bend Fred Meyer carries it, and that my dogs like it fine.  Or, maybe the two feed stores here in La Pine might have it.  Then our kids won't be confined to their bedroom at night.

No comments:

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":