Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I wonder how good I could look if I put as much time into looking good, as I do spending time on the computer keeping up with family and friends, and working on my websites?  I'm just sayin'!  I believe that where you spend the most of your energy is the area that flourishes. 

I have been thinking about how much I enjoy doing this blog.  It is a diary, a bunch of pictures of what I am doing, the people I see, the places we go.  But it is also my outlet.  Something that I do for myself.  We all have busy lives and responsibilities, people that we care for who need our help, and work to do (whether we get paid for it or not).  For me, blogging helps me sort things out.  After I post something, it gets put into its spot and I can go on to the next thing.

There are somethings that I say or feel, events that occur, that I don't put on here.  It would only stir things up and cause more problems because it would be focusing on the negative.  Even if they would make interesting blog posts.  I really enjoy reading those kinds of blogs though,  like The Blogess click here, where she just lays it on the line, she talks dirty, and she cracks me up.  Even if I could write like her, I still wouldn't put everything on here.  I don't like to hurt anybody's feelings, even if they have hurt mine.  Though sometimes I do feel like lashing out, of course.  

I could write a series on givers and takers.  Those who mainly give (which I do write about when I can), and on those who mainly take (which I don't write about).   Focusing on the positive is taking the higher route.  I am trying my best to do my best, and to look for the best in each situation.  That isn't very easy for me, because my mind goes straight to the problem and then I think about how it could be fixed, to make things fair.  

So, on my blog, my outlet, I try hard to stick to my slogan of  "Celebrating the Positive Portions of Everyday Life"  .  I try to show the beauty of the world, and the things that the giving people are doing in it.  

Good, better, best, never let it rest, until the good is better and the better is best.  I guess that includes what is in my heart, as well as everything else.

3 comments:

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Wow! You've been busy and I missed a bunch! Let me try to catch up.

1. Your blog is a positive, upbeat place which is one of the reasons I'm a regular!

2. Thanks for the tat info. My oldest daughter has a couple--*sigh**--but has never had a problem with hers. I'll relay the info, though.

3. Jason sounds like a very special kid. Not many children would spend the time he did. I love his vision of your Grandma's destination.

4. My brother lived in Eugene for twenty years; he recently moved to Tennessee. He loved it in Oregon, especially the access to mountains and coast. The rainy days never bothered him!

5. 50 years! And here I was feeling all proud of 30. Half a century. Now THAT is real commitment! Nice photos - you are lucky to have family so close.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Oh, Lisa, you are so positive and supportive and I really appreciate you. I love that about your blog too. Thanks for your input. I am very proud of you guys for being married 30 years! Wouldn't you have had to been married prior to being born to get to 50? Lol!

Sometimes, I just post a whole bunch of things at once, they seem to turn out better because I am in the mood. :>)

BECKY said...

I agree with Lisa! Your blog is always so full of beautiful photos and thoughts of yours! If you have your "negative" thoughts and moments in your life, you sure can't tell from this side of the computer!! :)

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":