Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Peace, Love, Happiness and Being Prepared:


I was just complimenting my friend Becky at: http://beckypovich.blogspot.com/    for the cool retro graphics she has been using on her blog, and decided to go  looking for some that I could use on here.  I liked this one. It is a positive picture, reminding me of when I was in junior high.  When my worries were not as big as they are now. 

This morning, I was reading a mom write on another blog how she doesn't watch the news because it troubles her, and makes her lose her positive attitude.  I understand that one, the news does make you lose your positive attitude about the world.  I know that I have promised to only celebrate the positive portions of everyday life on this blog, but I am very worried about what is becoming of America, and my Facebook friends getting tired of my venting on there about the unfairness of it all.  If I avoided the news, the future might come as a huge surprise ... and I like to prepare for the future.  I also believe that knowledge is power, and I have become a bit more politically active these days so I need to watch the news to keep up.

I can't really do anything about the future, except to prepare for any upcoming hard times the best that I can.  Learning to can, planting a garden, stocking up on food, medicine, light, household supplies; making sure we have shelter, heat and clothing, and stuff to share.  Teaching school at home to the neighborhood kids and family members if I ever need to.  What do you know, I have a resource blog for that too!  Here is the link for Childrens Literature, Folklore and American Traditions: http://ogocaj9.blogspot.com/

For some reason I am stuck on the idea of people being out of diapers and sanitary supplies.  I don't even have a baby in the house and have already gone through menopause, but I still worry about that for others.  Don't laugh!  I don't think that there is anything wrong with having some cloth diapers and plastic pants around even if you never use them.  You can always use the diapers for dust rags, and if you don't put a lot of Pledge on them you can still use them for diapers.  

Telling me to not worry so much won't help either, because I do watch the news and it is very scary.  Fast and furious, things are changing.  Even our freedom of speech is under attack.  I suggest that you print off the stuff you like from the internet, and stick it in notebooks.  You can't go wrong with hard copies!  They are kind of like cloth diapers.

Then I keep thinking about the young families who are barely making it now, and don't have the money for stocking up ... but still they must begin thinking about it, and start doing it.  I have another blog called Emergency Preparedness and Self-Reliant Living, and have written down a few ideas and links to some resources at: http://ogocaj2.blogspot.com/

At the same time, I want to be encouraging and full of peace and the love of the Lord.  It is a struggle, and I created another blog to help me out when I feel down: Praise and Worship

I have a couple of church songs that I sing when I begin to dwell on my worries about the world situation.  The first is "Let There be Peace on Earth" and the second is "Fear Not".  Here are their lyrics:

Let There be Peace on Earth

Let there be peace on earth
And let it begin with me
Let there be peace on earth
The peace that was meant to be.
With God as our father
Brothers all are we.
Let me walk with my brother
In perfect harmony.

Let peace begin with me
Let this be the moment now.
With every step I take
Let this be my solemn vow.
To take each moment
And live each moment
With peace eternally!
Let there be peace on earth, 
And let it begin with me.

Let there be peace on earth
And let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on earth
The peace that was meant to be.
With God as our father
Brothers all are we.
Let me walk with my brother 
In perfect Harmony.

Let peace begin with me
Let this be the moment now.
With every step I take,
Let this be my solemn vow.
To take each moment
And live each moment
In peace eternally,
Let there be peace on earth
And let it begin with me.


Fear Not

Fear not, for I am with you,
Fear not, for I am with you,
Fear not, for I am with you, 
Says the Lord! 

Fear not, for I am with you,
Fear not, for I am with you,
Fear not, for I am with you,
Says the Lord!

I have redeemed you, I have called you by name
Child you are mine!
When you walk through the waters, I will be there,
And through the flame
You'll not (no way!) be drowned
You'll not (no way!) be burned

For I am with you,  for I am with you! 





I am going to start giving everybody the "peace sign" again.

May peace be with you.

And, also with you.


2 comments:

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Your concerns for the future are valid. I compare the world my kids are facing to the one in which I came of age and they do not look the same. It saddens me even as it compels me to bring smiles where possible. That is why I love writing. It is an escape for both the writer and the reader; temporary, yes, but offering a brief respite from the worries that abound.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Lisa, I hear what you are saying. Doing my blog does make me happy ... even if there isn't a lot of in depth writing, I think that people enjoy the photos. Either way, it is creating and/or learning, and it does help us to live in the moment or to be distracted from the negative.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":