Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thursday's Table Setting:

I decided to imitate something that is becoming very popular in some blogging circles.  I decorated our dining room table and practiced my photography on it.  I enjoyed this very much, it didn't take all that much time, and it looks pretty.  You can click on the photos to enlarge them for better viewing.



The purple and gold dish is an old treasure from my Grandma T., and so are the candle holders.



The tablecloth is the 75-year-old quilt that my Great Grandma Johnson made in Arkansas.  She then gave it to my Grandma and Grandpa Johnson as a wedding present.  The front chairs were Uncle John and Aunt Signa's.



The hand painted tulip glasses were given to us as a wedding gift by friends Kathy and John.  Do your recognize my hand painted wine bottle candle holders?



Kari and Kristin gave us the lead crystal water goblets.  The stainless silverware is 30 years old and we use it as our everyday stuff.  It is Community Stainless by Oneida, but I can't remember the pattern anymore.  Deanna gave me the green teacup and saucer, and the others came from Grandma T.  The napkins are really little tea towels that I bought from the dollar store today. 





The china is Noritake's "Temptation".





The only thing I regret is that one of the candles blew out and I didn't notice it.  Oh, well.  I am not feeling that much of a perfectionist to go back and redo everything.  I've had a busy day. The table is still very beautiful, and I had fun experimenting with different lighting and camera settings.  It was also fun to get my stuff out of the hutch and enjoy them again.

For other websites that do this often and have people submit their own work, check out the links below.  I think that I might send in some of my photos someday.

Between Naps on the Porch @ http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
Affordable Accoutrements @ http://affordableaccoutrements.blogspot.com/
Lady Katherine Tea Tea Parlorhttp://ladykatherineteaparlor.blogspot.com/


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

4 comments:

BECKY said...

Kathy, you did a fantastic job!! Your table settings are beautiful, and the history behind the furniture and other items makes it all the more special! Congrats!!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Oh, thank you, Becky. It was fun. And it is good photography practice too.

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Hi Kathy!

First I want to thank you for visiting my blog and dropping in to say hello! It led me back to you and I've been scrolling and reading all about you!

I had to stop here and tell you how wonderful it was of you to set up and "practice" your photography...wasn't it fun? In doing so, you've acheived several things...one being you've created a table masterpiece and two, you've got some beautiful photos. Three...I hope you suprised your family with a delightful meal on that beautiful china afterwards! haha

I'm so happy you had so much fun in doing that Kathy...it's beautiful :)

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Jodie, thank you so much for your compliments and encouragement. It means a lot to me.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":