Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sunday's Road Trip to Eugene:

On Sunday morning, we got up and got ready to drive to Eugene for a family visit and my Nanny and Uncle Chunk's 50th wedding anniversary party.  Howard came over to watch the dogs for us; we stopped at the store for snacks and then we were on our way!



We like to stop at McCredie Hot Springs near Oakridge to take a look at what is going on, as Cary takes a smoke break.  He is thinking about quitting smoking.  I hope that he doesn't become one of those guys who won't pull over anymore when that happens.



The Salt Creek is still high, and has flooded out most of the area for now.  To the immediate right is the main pool, but there were three naked guys in there and they saw me with my camera.  They were very close by, and I felt that it wouldn't be very sporting of me to take their pictures and put them on here.  You could just see too much.  However, it looks like somebody had been working hard on the pool.  It was clear instead of muddy, and it looked a lot deeper than before.  There was also a big fire pit built up, which was also new.  The main problem with this hot springs is that people leave their garbage all over.  The other problem with it, is that even though it is very convenient to the road, there is not much privacy.

Here is a link to a previous blog post on these hot springs, if you would like to see more pictures (you can click on the pictures to make them larger): McCredie Hot Springs


Spring has hit the Willamette Valley!


This is Lookout Point Lake.  It goes on forever, between Lowell and just outside of Oakridge.  It must be around 17 miles long.  I'll have to look that up.  For me, it is the longest part of the 2 hour trip from La Pine to Eugene.  Most of the time cell phones don't work there either. 


Here we are getting close to the Lowell turn-off and the newly rebuilt covered bridge.  It is a nice rest area.  Cary likes to stop there and see how the fisherman are doing at Dexter Lake.  There wasn't anybody fishing there on the way over though.




They re-did this whole area a few years back and have signs about the history of the area all set up.  It is all handicapped accessible, including the fishing sidewalk.  It is neat.


Picnic table by Dexter Lake.


Behind Dexter Lake is the dam for Lookout Point Lake, 
right there at the covered bridge.



Another view, right below the dam.

Okay, back to the story.  So, we got to the party, early of course, and were the first ones there.  We waited a while and then my cousin Nanci got there, and we helped a little with the setting up.  

Party pictures are in the post below this one.  It was very nice to see everybody.  After we left the party, Cary took Mom, Kari, Casey and I out to Mexican food.  We had a nice visit and then turned around and headed back toward home.

We stopped right past the hot springs for a break this time.  
There was this cute little stream, ready to be photographed.


My handsome best friend husband.  I appreciate him so much.  





We kept going up the mountain pass.  We passed two semi's on the passing lane.  When the passing lane ended, we got pulled over by a state cop.  Great, oh, just great.  Cary only got a verbal warning, being the charming retired state cop that he is.  It didn't phase him a bit.  He said, what is the matter with you, Kathy Matthews, you don't like getting pulled over by the cops, do you?  I said, you got that right, and I am not even the driver!

We stopped at the Pine Room on the way home to take a driving break and say hi to Rick and whoever else might have been there.  There was this pretty girl standing at the bar with her back to me and she turned around and said, Hi Mom!  It was my Kristin.  She had gotten her hair cut, and I wasn't even expecting her to be there.  That was a very nice surprise.


Cary and Kristin


Kristin and Me

Kristin left to go back home to Springfield for softball practice, and then we went home and watched baseball.  It was a great day.  

The end.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, didn't know Cary was a retired cop! We both married guys in law enforcement! Sounds like you had a few adventures. Notice that there were no snapshots of the cop pulling you over and giving you a warning! Those would have been good:) Your daughter is sure beautiful. She her Mom's smile:)

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Carly, well, about the cop pulling us over, I didn't want to make things worse! Thanks for the compliment about my Sissy ... she is beautiful.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":