Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:

Source:  Bing Images

Source:  Bing Images




When my girls were little, somebody came up with the idea of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.   Michelangelo, Leonardo, Raphael,  and Donatello.  Heros on a half shell, TURTLE POWER!  Those pizza loving guys were always in a tussle with Master Splinter and Shredder.  The ninjas were helped in their crime fighting endeavors by reporter April O'Neil and a guy named Casey Jones.  Kari and Kristin loved watching those cartoons.

Ten years later, when Nigel was little, he loved them too.  They even helped him with his adventures in potty training.  There were five of them wrapped as gifts and lined up and on the fireplace mantel prompting him to be a big boy.  A very effective motivator indeed.

When I saw my friend Shelly and her boys over the 4th of July, they were talking about Shelly giving Nigel all of their Ninja Turtle cartoon movies.  They haven't quite forgiven her for that yet.  I think that I sent them over to Kari's for our grandson Casey's viewing pleasure.  I'll see if I can track them down.  

Several years ago I was in the Goodwill on Main Street in Springfield and scored a bunch of original Ninja Turtle figurines.  I got them for really cheap.  My heart was pounding at the find, as I made sure I scooped them all up.  I was afraid that somebody was going to come and grab them away from me.  Seriously!  I have been thinking about giving Shelly's boys, who are now in their mid-twenties, each one of those turtles for sharing their movies with us.  I will try to return the movies too.  I know what it is like to miss stuff like that.

Here is a picture of Nigel's turtle collection.  These guys are well used.  Some are missing limbs; probably thanks to that neighbor kid Mattie.  Their faces seem to have been made to look meaner over time, if you ask me.  You can click on this to make it bigger for a closer look.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

When I went to take the pictures, I discovered that I can't find mine, the ones I bought at Goodwill.  Now I am in a panic!  I hate it when my toys are gone.  


If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.



No comments:

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":