Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Watery Wednesday: The New Well/She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy

We are all pretty excited around here.  We have clean, clear, pure cold water now.  No more iron stuff to deal with.  Yay!  I can go back to buying white clothing once again, with all the money that we are saving on Stain Bully and Iron-Out. 








Uh, oh!  That new water was coming out fast and furious!  Was it going to flood the A-Frame behind our house?






It could have, but Cary and one of the well guys hopped into the backhoe and skidsteer, and went to work building berms.



Cary at work.  I love to watch him.





I do think his tractor's sexy.




The next day, it was a muddy mess, but the water had sunk in to the ground:




I thought this was cool ... snow falling down while the camera was still on the advanced sports shooting setting.  That is something that I figured out this time around; my camera kept wanting to focus on something before I switched settings, and I had to keep pushing the button four or five times.  After I remembered to do change the setting, I could take the photos as quickly as I wanted too.


I am submitting this post to Watery Wednesday.  Please check out all the other neat pictures that people are posting over there by clicking here, when Wednesday comes! 




If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.

9 comments:

Donnie said...

Too bad that wasn't oil..lol...I know you're glad it was water. In Florida the water has a lot of Lyme in it and has a yucky taste. We love to watch heavy machinery too. Have a wonderful day.

Lynn said...

My husband would love to have one of those things. He has a tractor that he plows the snow off our driveway and I too love watching him.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Hey, I live in the South for pity's sake. You don't have to talk to me about sexy tractors. LOL You always post such fun stuff. :)

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous captures!

Reflection for watery Wednesday.

Nicolette said...

Love this set of photos... so many things going on... it got very wet and muddy didn't it... but worthwhile to have clean water...

Hootin Anni said...

I'm thinking Titusville here!! An oil well...too bad this wasn't a gusher of the black gold kind.

Awwwwwwwww, the flooding and muddy mess will just be a distant memory soon. What a chore tho, glad it didn't flood by the quick thinking of your men!!


My Wednesday Link:

Laguna Madre

Arkansas Patti said...

Goodness, you and the A frame for a while had water front properties. Hope that doesn't affect your taxes:)
Clean water is such a blessing--enjoy your bounty.

Unknown said...

a sexy tractor...that's interesting.:p i agree with Donnie, too bad this isn't oil.:p

Judy said...

I love the action shots of the water pouring out!!! And the action shots of the snow, too!! Those are always fun!

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":