Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Chubby Mommy Running Club Attends BlogHer Conference:




JulieJulie from Chubby Mommy Running Club, arrives in Oakland with her orange suitcases in hand (above).  Last weekend, JulieJulie  drove from Eugene, Oregon to Oakland, California to visit her friend Kristin.  It was a very treacherous drive, by the way.  While JulieJulie just happened to be in the area, she attended the BlogHerBET Women's Entrepreneur Conference in Santa Clara, California.  Here is a link about that, CLICK HERE. 

In a series of blog entries, Julie tells us all about her trip.  She is so funny; make sure that you watch the videos in her posts.  Did I mention that Julie is my baby sister, and I wouldn't even have thought about starting this blog with out her suggesting it?  Thanks,  JulieJulie, at least I am glad that you did.


Posts #1 & #2:

Part I - Scotch Tasting and The H & R Block Guy Video and Post

Part II - Lunch at Apples Cafeteria in Cupertino

There will be a couple of more posts about Julie's adventure over the next few days, so please keep checking back on her blog.  She's on Twitter too.



If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.

8 comments:

Lynn said...

That's cool that your baby sister was the one who encouraged you to blog, but I'm curious as to why you call her Aunt Julie? Or did I miss something when I was reading this? I'll check out her stuff later when I have more time.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Na, it's just my nickname for her. Thanks for taking a look, Lynn, you won't be disappointed!

Maude Lynn said...

I'll take a look!

xinex said...

sounds like a good meeting to attend. Pretty cool suitcases!
..Christine

Arkansas Patti said...

I'd feel better if ANY of those moms were actually "chubby". Will check it out anyway.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Mama Zen - I saw you left a comment; I knew you would like her.

Christine - Julie makes her own. She finds vintage suitcases, hand paints them and used to sell them. Julia Roberts bought one around 10 years ago.

Patti - Actually, she really used to be Chubby ... but she has always tried to be healthy. Since moving back to Eugene, the running capital of the world, she has been on a Paleo diet and training for a marathon, and those things seem to be working well.

juliejulie said...

Thanks ladies! You are all so nice, which doesn't surprise me, since my sister is too! Patti, I've been chubby off and on my whole life (and Kathy has the photos to prove it!) but the running has helped! We are an equal opportunity club though, you don't have to be chubby to run or walk with us.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi JulieJulie! Thanks for stopping by!

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":