Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Nigel!



144 years ago today, I gave birth to my youngest child, a beautiful baby boy named Nigel.  What?  Wait ... 144 years ago?  Ha!  Yes, in dog years.  In normal years, it was 21 years ago today.


Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
He kept his eyes closed for the first week.


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

This is cool ... Grandma J. is holding her great-grandson for the very first time.  I am so happy that I found this picture.  Grandma died in 2003.
 

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
Grandma Jody holds the new baby.  She's the best!


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

Grandpa (Ralph-the-Jock) holds baby Nigel.  
My Dad has a way with babies.  He loves 'em.


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

Aunt Julie meets Nigel for the first time when she flew in from 
San Francisco to attend the birth of Ethan, Nigel's best friend cousin.



 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
 Kari and Nigel                                              Kristin and Nigel


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
We have the same eyes.  So does Kari.
They never seem to stay open during picture taking.


We all love you, Nigel.  Have a wonderful birthday 
son, and enjoy yourself!


Love, Mom and Cary



If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.


3 comments:

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Happy birthday to your wonderful boy! The pic of you holding Nigel as a newborn is beautiful. You're glowing!

Lynn said...

Sweet post and nice pics! I have the same issue with picture taking - my eyes always look closed.

Donnie said...

Happy Birthday to Nigel and such a sweet post from a proud mama.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":