Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Friday, March 4, 2011

"Look What I Made!" and "New Linky Parties in Blogland"

 Look What I Made!

This is the week that I have tried to finish things.  I've done pretty well with that goal.  I finished the afghan that I was making for a wedding gift, and will get it in the mail soon.  The pillows were already done.  Like that needlepoint cushion?  My Grandma T. made it, and this little bench set in front of her living room window.











Yesterday, I made cards using photos that I had taken at Trivia Antiques and Signature Imports.  (Remember, you can always click on any photo to enlarge for better viewing.)  

If you missed those posts, here are the links: Trivia Antiques Field Trip (there are 2 more links on this post to see the rest of the filed trip. The contest is long over, btw!)

Here is the link to the Signature Imports post: Signature Import Field Trip



The Giraffe Card has been sold to Lynn!

The kitty card has been sold to Lynn.







The chicken card has been sold to Lynn.








This kitty card has been sold to Lynn.

So, what do you think?  I am offering them up for sale.  $5.00 each, including postage if you live in the U.S.  If you live outside the U.S., I'll have to see how much the postage is.  All the photos were taken by little old me, and the cards are handmade by me.  They are blank inside and come with envelopes.  Suitable for framing! 

I am submitting this post to Fingerprints on the Fridge's  "Feature Yourself Friday".





New Linky Parties in Blogland

There are some pretty neat things happening in Blogland everyday, as we all know.  I wanted to tell you about a few of them here, put on by ladies that I follow:

 The first two photos are taken by Lisa's daughter Christina!
I hope when she gets into a pinch, Lisa will one day use one of mine.

Lisa Richard Claro at Writing in the Buff  is now hosting a brand new Friday Linky Party  called:  Book Blurb!  Here is a chance for all of you writer types out there to study an interesting photo for a week, and then pretend it is the cover of a brand-new book.  YOU get 150 words to describe the teaser on the inside of the cover.  To find out more, please click here.





Lesa over at Baja Greenawalt's Cozy Book Nook  and her crew, are hostessing a new Bargain Book Bonnaza Linky Party beginning Monday, March 7th!  It looks like a lot of fun, so make sure you check this out, if you like to read and thrift.



Monday, March 7th, is the first Monday of the month and that means it is time for SJ's "Swap Followings" link party over at Homemaker on a Dime.  Sign up and meet others who are looking for more followers, and trade!  Please click here to learn more.


So, there ya go.  "Party down, Garth!  Party down, Wayne!"



If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.

6 comments:

Lesa said...

Thank you for highlighting BBB!!

It is a small bloggy world! SJ and I chat about bloggy things by email. Yesterday we were chatting about linky parties and BBB came up-- she recommended you as a possible bookish type that might like to link up a bargain book!!

Isn't that funny! I told SJ that I found her blog last month when you posted about linking up to SwapFollow.

Aren't bloggy connections grand?!

Donnie said...

There are so many lovely parties out there but so little time. How were you able to do all that and still visit so many on the computer? Lovely post and beautiful things you made.

Lynn said...

Nice things you've made - I especially like the cards as I'm a card maker! I would love to buy the one with the giraffe head in it.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

You're such a creative talent. The afghan is beautiful, and your Grandma's needlepoint cushion reminds me of the one on my piano bench that my grandmother embroidered. :) Your cards are lovely, and yes, I'll definitely be asking for pictures from you for Book Blurb Friday. On my list of things to do is go through your blog and locate my faves---there are several that I already know I'll be asking for. :)

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Lesa, it is a small world. I'm glad that we are getting to know each other.

Hi Donnie, you are right about that. Really, I am pretty much treating my blog and other projects as my job right now, even though I'm not getting paid. I spend hours a day on this silly computer, but I am getting a lot done. When I get tired of the computer I make myself create in other ways, or read.

Hi Lynn, thank you! I really appreciate that you like my cards and are buying some. I've never sold any before now ... you are my first customer!

Hi Lisa, thank you for your encouragement and compliments. I would love to see your Grandma's embroidery work. If I can help you find any photos that you remember, please let me know. I am flattered that you would want to use them.

BECKY said...

Ooo..Kathy, if the card with the books on the front is still available, put my name on that baby!! AND I recognize MY pillows!! They're on my love seat upstairs in my loft!! Now, I'm gonna go check out Lynne's blog, featuring you!! Congrats on it all.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":