Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Newberry Eagle Interview

Wendy K., reporter from The Newberry Eagle

La Pine has a community newspaper that comes out once a month, named The Newberry Eagle.   The Newberry Eagle changed ownership a couple of years ago, and the paper is really a wonderful resource for the folks in our area.  They are open to all kinds of ideas, and just keep getting more and more awesome with each edition.  Community members are encouraged to contribute, and there is almost a paper within the paper about Northern Klamath County.

Yesterday, Wendy, one of the reporters, came over to our house to interview me about my blogs.  It was really fun talking with her.  It was kind of hard to put things in words, though, about why and how I do the things that I do on here.  Wendy said that she had never seen somebody with so many blogs!  (I have 49 right now, though many are not filled out and some are private, family ones.)

At first, I was a bit nervous, due to the fact that she was taping me.  Wendy had a list of questions, but I am not very linear in my storytelling, and I noticed that she finally gave up on the tape recorder.  After being here for a couple of hours, she had to leave because she was supposed to be elsewhere, but we hit if off, and I think that we could have talked for a couple of more hours.  I didn't even find out all about her!

Wendy said that she is going to give me a whole page in the paper, and will be putting the article in the Arts and Entertainment section.  The title of the article will be called, "The Art of Blogging", and she took some pictures of me and will pull some photos from my blog to put in the article.  Best of all, I will get a chance to review it before it is printed.  I will be in the April edition of the paper, which will come out the first part of the month.  They also have an online edition, and I will post the link to it when the time comes.

Wendy encouraged me to submit stories and my photography to the paper whenever I feel like it.  That made me feel really happy!  I have one that I am working on now about Ft. Rock and the Homestead Village Museum.

So, Wendy, if you are reading this, thanks so much for the opportunity!


If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.

15 comments:

Pat - Arkansas said...

Forty-nine blogs! Mercy! I can hardly keep up with one!

Be that as it may, congratulations on being selected for the interview. I'm sure it will be a great article.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you, Pat! This is the main one that I work on though. Where you put your energy is what blossoms, I figure. ;>)

Lynn said...

Congratulations - can't wait to see the interview, how exciting! I thought I was rather crazy to have three active blogs (although two I'm just now starting) and another that's shared with my siblings, but 49, oh my. I received the cards - thank you and I have something coming your way!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thanks, Lynn! Oh, great, I'm glad that they made it, thank you so much for wanting them. I started a lot of my blogs almost about 2 1/2 years ago when I began blogging. I added 20 last month for "The Early Oregon Series", and they have to be filled out ... a huge project!

Arkansas Patti said...

I'm with Pat. I struggle with one and even that one I only post twice a week. I bow to you.
Do hope you will post the article or at least a link when it hits the stands.
Congrats.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Patti ... you know I will! Thank you! You guys, I don't work on most them very often.

Kim, USA said...

Wow Congratulations!!!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

49! I was right. You ARE the Energizer Bunny!

Congratulations on your interview, my friend. That is too cool. You are such a talented lady! I hope you'll put the interview on your blog for us (a link, at least) so we can read it. You must be so excited!!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thanks, Lisa and Kim! For sure I'll put it on here, but it will be a couple of weeks still. I am excited. It is really nice to get positive recognition. I am sure glad to have you guys happy for me.

LV said...

You blew me away when you said you had 49 blogs. Lord knows, I do good to get one out. You are truly an amazing person. I think that is wonderful you being featured in the local paper. With all you are capable of doing, you need to be in a National feature.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Geeze, LV, thank you so much! You guys, I'm mostly working on this one though.

KathyB. said...

FORTY-NINE ?!? You are a busy lady, and you still take time to comment and reply. I hope you share the newspaper article with us, please?

BECKY said...

Kathy, congratulations!! Wow, you are one awesome woman!! I'm sorry I haven't commented lately, but for the past few days I had trouble and COULDN'T leave any messages on just your blog! I'm glad I tried again just now!

Natasha in Oz said...

I had no idea you had 49 blogs! I don't know how I cope with just two!! You are obviously managing them beautifully or you wouldn't be so famous!

Hope you enjoy the rest of the week and Happy St Patrick's day!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

liberal sprinkles said...

my goodness Kathy, 49! That's amazing. And you post here so often too! I can't wait to read the article and see some of your published works!
best wishes,
G

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":