Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A to Z Challenge and Stats Update:

I am joining the A to Z Challenge, where you commit to blog at least one post per day, (except for Sundays) for the whole month of April.  Wanna join me?  Click here:




Somehow, I don't think that this challenge will be very hard for me, because I usually post at least once a day anyway.  Still, it will be fun to participate and meet lots of new people.

I have brought back my "Follower" display for the month of April, and it is located down near the bottom of my sidebar.  We'll see how it goes.  I took it off a couple of months ago,  because it was bringing me down.  I was pleasantly surprised that during that time, several people still found the other way to follow me!  (There is a tab up at the top, near the "search" function.)  Thank you, Tony, L.D., Bob, JMJ, and Reflections.   I appreciate it very much.  

If all goes well, sometime tomorrow I will pass the 50,000 mark for the number of visitors in the past two years.  Yay!  I began this blog in November 2008, and this is my post number 1230.  I love being here, and love the fact that you guys make time to come over and see my work.  Thank you SO much!  

This blog is very eclectic and has changed over time.  If you would like to leave a comment, I would really enjoy hearing what your favorite kinds of posts are on Oregon Gifts.  Scenery and Travel Photos, Stories, Sepia Saturdays, Shadow Shot Sundays, Tablescapes, Crafts, Recipes or whatever.  I'm just curious.  

I hope that you all have a wonderful week!  If you want to join me on the A to Z Challenge, that would be great!  I know that it will take a lot of time, but blogging does.  I spend at least 3-4 hours every morning working on mine.  

Oh, it won't be long until my article comes out in the Newberry Eagle; it should be available online sometime next week.  I didn't end up getting to pre-read it, but I'm sure that it turned out fine.  I'm a little nervous, but not very much.

Take care, my friends!


Kathy

P.S. - An easy way to post everyday is to join in on the many, many meme linky parties that are out there.  The ones that I currently participate in are located on my sidebar.  Some take less time than others, but they all make me stretch, and it is fun to see what others with the same interests are doing. 

P.S.S. - Thanks, Donnie, for following me! 




If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.

4 comments:

liberal sprinkles said...

Hi Kathy, no way am I joining you in this!! Congratulations in advance on the 50,000 mark - very impressive! I enjoy looking at your photos and reading about the unusual things in your community. Can't wait to read your article!

Donnie said...

Hubby finally got me to stop posting everyday so I can't really go back now...lol...I love to read whatever someone wants to write that day so surprise me. Congrats on your article being published, Take care.

Donnie said...

I was a follower before and it showed I wasn't. I redid that and I really think blogger does that. It has happened to me before.

Lynn said...

Will this happen in another month? April has a lot going on - and my food blog is daily and I'm wondering what I was thinking? he he he.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":