Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Self-Reliant Living and Emergency Preparedness:

Click here for live updates on the
Washington Post Japan Earthquake/Tusnami Blog


Oh, man.  I feel so terrible for all of our Japanese friends.  I know the whole world does.  We are all praying for you guys, and we love you lots.

As I was watching the tsunami hit Japan on the news this morning, I couldn't help but notice the water and debris cover the crops on their farms.  I got all worried about a worldwide food shortage again, as I did when Australia was flooded a couple of months ago.

What can we do about it?  I don't know, except plant a garden and stock up.  I do have a blog that I made a couple of years ago called Self-Reliant Living and Emergency Preparedness.  It may give you some more ideas, if you want to check it out. 



Self Reliant Living

I woke up at 5:00 this morning and learned of the news about the earthquake.  I was on Facebook and asked, "What is happening to our Earth?" 

My friend Leon replied:  "There was a Yahoo article pointing out that on March 19th the moon will pass very very close to the Earth, and the gravitational forces may wreak more havoc. This may be the start."  

I wonder if that is why all those millions of fish died in California the other day?  Who knows, but things are getting weird around here, in my opinion.



Great, just great.  Well, I am going to keep hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.  It certainly can't hurt.  And, I'll keep praying.  If you are looking for me today, I'll be at Bi-Mart ... stocking up.

God bless you, my friends.



If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.

3 comments:

Donnie said...

My prayers definitely go out to Japan and all of the other places affected by this.

LV said...

The last year or so, there have been so so many terrible things happening. Especially, the overseas countries. My concern is when we will start being hit. It will come I am afraid. The bible is being full filled very quickly as I see it. On my Pink Saturday post just click on Pamela's blog name I have highlighted. It will take you right to her blog.

Jessa said...

My prayers are with all those effected, and yes, a lot of strange events. Thanks for the reminder to prepare, I stock up anyway as is my normal routine, but now might not be such a bad time to do a little extra. I will have to check out your other site too.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":